Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FICO Experian, AMEX Experian FICO?

tag
Slab
Frequent Contributor

My FICO Experian, AMEX Experian FICO?

I pulled My FICO Experian report, paid the 19.95 plus tax. Just like I have pulled my TR and EQ on My FICO many times in the past. When I pulled my Experian, it showed 708 with a couple of baddies that had dropped off my TR and EQ. The same day I had already applied for AMEX BCE and my Experian FICO through them was 784. I know that My Fico does a good job with EQ and TR but I am wondering about how My FICO is reporting the Experian scores, something seems not right. Has anyone else noticed the same?

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: My FICO Experian, AMEX Experian FICO?

@Slab wrote:

I pulled My FICO Experian report, paid the 19.95 plus tax. Just like I have pulled my TR and EQ on My FICO many times in the past. When I pulled my Experian, it showed 708 with a couple of baddies that had dropped off my TR and EQ. The same day I had already applied for AMEX BCE and my Experian FICO through them was 784. I know that My Fico does a good job with EQ and TR but I am wondering about how My FICO is reporting the Experian scores, something seems not right. Has anyone else noticed the same?

The AMEX FICO score may very well be a FICO Bankcard Enhanced score, versus the FICO Classic score sold here.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 12
Capya
New Contributor

I pulled Experian from MyFico last month and it was 767.

I applied for AmEx that same day, and their pull was 767.

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
dude11
Regular Contributor

I thought I read somewhere here the Experian FICO sold here is a newer version or a version not widely used?

Message 4 of 12
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@Capya wrote:

I pulled Experian from MyFico last month and it was 767.

I applied for AmEx that same day, and their pull was 767.

Good deal. Mine are not making sense.

Message 5 of 12
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@dude11 wrote:

I thought I read somewhere here the Experian FICO sold here is a newer version or a version not widely used?

I hope it is the version that is not widely used. I guess I should try to get the My FICO version cleaned up, just in case.

Message 6 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The EX score sold here is FICO Classic 08 version.

Most mortgage lenders use the 04 FICO version.

Some CC lenders use 08 but many are still on earlier versions.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Perhaps the info changed in that amount of time...
Don't forget that your credit reports change all the time
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 12
racer-x
Valued Contributor

A couple weeks ago, I paid for myFico Ex, 722.  A week after that, I bought a new Harley-Davidson and my EX pull was 722. 

Message 9 of 12
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

A couple weeks ago, I paid for myFico Ex, 722.  A week after that, I bought a new Harley-Davidson and my EX pull was 722. 

That is good for you. You are getting two scores that validate each other. Even though I got two different scores, I am glad that AMEX showed 784 and approved a significant credit line. I am just concerned that they will later get the same score that My FICO reports.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.