Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My chances w/ Barclay's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My chances w/ Barclay's?

My current Macbook is about 3 1/2 y/o old and... it's about time to replace it.  I'm wondering what my chances are with Barclay's.

Last score I pulled was last month and TU was 689 and EQ was 674, down bc I accidently let my Zync report about $1200 on it. This last time I paid it off before statement cut so right now reports should have me at about 21% uti. I know that's high but I'd like to get the computer soon if I can.

I app'd for Barclay's last year when I started rebuilding and they told me to get a year of history.  I opened my Cap1 card last January and current CR say no late payments in 3 years. AAoA is 5 years. 

Current cards/accounts and opened dates:

Cap 1- 750 CL (Jan. 11)

WalMart- 1300 CL (Aug. 11)

Amex Zync- NPSL (Oct. 11)

Auto Loan w/ Toyota (March 11)

I have 6 Inq's in the last year and I believe they all show on Experian. TU only shows WalMart and Cap1. EQ shows auto loans from March and Cap1 & Discover from last Jan.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: My chances w/ Barclay's?

With those scores you should very easily be approved for 2k on an Apple Card. Make sure you call and recon if you get approved for less

Message 2 of 30
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree, you should be in great shape for approval ~ go for it !   And definately recon if you need more CL for your purchase.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 30
daveg38
Established Contributor

Here is some encouragement:

In conjunction with my "I *Heart* Barclays' thread, my scores were as follows:

EQ: 627

TU: 617

EX: 589

13 inquiries last two years.  1 collection, 54% utilization at the time of application.  Backdoor approved for $350, increased today to $1350 and still await my card. 

The two decisive factors used in my quest for this card:

1) Honesty.  Told the truth about high INQ's and baddie.

2) Perfect current CC payment history.  That is #1 with Barclays so far that I can tell.

My cards, combined, now went from 54% utilization (Fingerhut included) down to a miniscule 1.5% virtually overnight - and statement day for all is next week.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 30
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My current Macbook is about 3 1/2 y/o old and... it's about time to replace it.  I'm wondering what my chances are with Barclay's.

Last score I pulled was last month and TU was 689 and EQ was 674, down bc I accidently let my Zync report about $1200 on it. This last time I paid it off before statement cut so right now reports should have me at about 21% uti. I know that's high but I'd like to get the computer soon if I can.

I app'd for Barclay's last year when I started rebuilding and they told me to get a year of history.  I opened my Cap1 card last January and current CR say no late payments in 3 years. AAoA is 5 years. 

Cap 1- 750 CL (Jan. 11)

I have 6 Inq's in the last year and I believe they all show on Experian. TU only shows WalMart and Cap1. EQ shows auto loans from March and Cap1 & Discover from last Jan.

I see no problem at all as previous people said for an approval. On the CL, I do not know.

Message 5 of 30
Juan123
Established Contributor

i got approved for $1000. you have longer history then me and higher scores... you'll get it no problem!

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 6 of 30
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap 1- 750 CL (Jan. 11)

(I Believe) The version of Fico that Barclays uses is not the same that is purchased here. Your Zync Payment should not be used in your utilization so your TU Fico may in fact be higher than you think. Barclays usually checks your TU CR and will check your EX if they need a second opinion, but 6 inqs won't alarm them if they are older or if you can explain. I think your vitals will merit an instant approval but you never know until you try! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I'd update... I decided to apply this morning.

Approved for $1290.  Not my highest limit.... Walmart is my highest with $1300.  I don't think $1290 will actually cover the cost of the cheapest Macbook Pro and service plan so I'm thinking of calling when I get my card for a CLI.  Have 30 days to take advantage of special financing so I may wait till I get the card and then head over to one of the apple stores here in Dallas so I can have computer in hand that day.

I continue to be amazed at the knowledge and help from this board.  Went from charge off in undergrad days ( just about 5 or 6 years ago) to an Amex in my wallet (Zync but still an Amex) and now almost $3400 is total credit to me.

Message 8 of 30
Juan123
Established Contributor

I'd call the backdoor right now, plenty of people who've recon'd before receiving the card and getting an increase! good luck!

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 9 of 30
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval !!   I would be suprised if they didn't bump your CL when you call.  Just explain that you are shopping and need a new computer, and need at least 2K or 2500...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.