cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Card questions including What makes a card a signature card?

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Card questions including What makes a card a signature card?

@RonM21 wrote:
Op, signature or not, the more important thing is that you are trending upward with your credit! Congrats on getting unsecured. Those things like getting signature cards will come. But just putting yourself in a better spot is a good thing. Navy can be a big "ymmv" lender when it comes to scores vs cards, limits, etc. It never hurts to get your profile a bit stronger and wait to go for something else. But as already stated, sometimes with Navy that may not be a deal breaker.

I agree.  I will not be spending much time at airports for a few years anyway...  too much to accomplish work wise.

I still have 2 years until every derog falls off but need to add a third card sooner rather than later so it can age.  I can do another secured with a lender I want to be with long term.  I am not a big corporate bank kind of guy though I will not rule out something in the future.  I feel I should likely wait for a few months to try NFCU for that third card but with nothing in terms of INQ's, I may try later this month if I bump above 600.  I could then still pick from PSECU or Apple Federal for a secured card if the NFCU app fails.  I don't mind if NFCU were to give me a small CL as it would still give me that thrid revolver to let grow, PIF and age.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.