Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Flagship

Question for those of you with the Flagship card. Is it worth the annual fee? I’m hoping they bring back a SUB in April maybe and debating on if I should apply.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Flagship

Depends on how much you fly, and to where

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I only fly a couple times a year probably not worth it?
Message 3 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Depends on when you fly and what kind of security wait you normally deal with. I fly early morning so my wait isn't that long. Don't really need tsa precheck. It would be nice, but my wife wouldn't have it.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s true...well I think you helped me decide. Thank you!
Message 5 of 16
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Absolutely is to me and I only travel once or twice per year.

Great limit.

Great rewards.

Great SUB.

Great travel benefits.

Lowest rewards is 2% back which is more or same as some cards best rewards.

I wish the card was metal, but still nice looking overall.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Question for those of you with the Flagship card. Is it worth the annual fee? I’m hoping they bring back a SUB in April maybe and debating on if I should apply.

Yes, if you can get it with the nice $500 SUB after these 1.99% BT promotion. It will pay for 10 years on annual fees. You do get the $100 TSA Precheck/Global Entry credit. It is basically a 3% cash back card for travel and 2% cash back on everything else. You don't even need to travel because you can get the cash back, statement credit, or use it to cover any purchase. Minimum redemption is $50. You can also product change it to a no AF card down the road. 

Message 7 of 16
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, if you can get it with the nice $500 SUB after these 1.99% BT promotion. It will pay for 10 years on annual fees. You do get the $100 TSA Precheck/Global Entry credit. It is basically a 3% cash back card for travel and 2% cash back on everything else. You don't even need to travel because you can get the cash back, statement credit, or use it to cover any purchase. Minimum redemption is $50. You can also product change it to a no AF card down the road. 

You can also apply your 'cash back' to the AF.  I just did that - Navy makes it really easy to apply your cash back to the Annual Fee. There's an option in the Rewards Redemtion portal for that.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BPebbles wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can also apply your 'cash back' to the AF.  I just did that - Navy makes it really easy to apply your cash back to the Annual Fee. There's an option in the Rewards Redemtion portal for that.

Yeah but you're still throwing away money versus a 2% card with no AF unless you have $4900 worth of 3% or can make use of the TSA Pre✔️ credit.  

Message 9 of 16
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BPebbles wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah but you're still throwing away money versus a 2% card with no AF unless you have $4900 worth of 3% or can make use of the TSA Pre✔️ credit.  

Since I don't happen to have a 2% 'everything' card that happens to give Free Global Entry/TSA Pre✔️ credit, I'll take it.  Having some vineyards and wineries code as 3% Entertainment categories is a nice bonus.  Even if the winery or tasting establishment doesn't code to 3%, I'll at least get 2% there instead of a mere 1%.  lol..

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.