Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Navy Federal CC Question

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

NFCU - Navy Federal CC Question

I just Got Approved for A Navy CC Today (Cash Rewards), it will take probably 5-7 Days in The US Mail.

How Long after I receive and activate the Card Before it starts reporting to The Big 3 Bureaus?

I am New To Navy, and do not know the ropes of how long it takes them to report?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - Navy Federal CC Question

Mine was an instant approval for 25k on 4/19.  I recceived it 10 days later and as of today it is still not reporting to any of the CRA's.

Message 2 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I just Got Approved for A Navy CC Today (Cash Rewards), it will take probably 5-7 Days in The US Mail.

How Long after I receive and activate the Card Before it starts reporting to The Big 3 Bureaus?

I am New To Navy, and do not know the ropes of how long it takes them to report?

Thanks

Mine didn't report until the second statement cut, so they are a little slow in reporting.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Usually at end of the month but agree csn be a little slow. Lol , enjoy the ride and worry about your next cli, second card, and how many hps you can get M8Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Thanks to all who responded!

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Usually at end of the month but agree csn be a little slow. Lol , enjoy the ride and worry about your next cli, second card, and how many hps you can get M8Smiley Happy

and yes, @AJC, i was asking because, FNBO Ducks is still Pending, and i want to snag 1 more card before

my new cards report. so The "squid" nailed it. you do get lucky once and a while on a blue moon.

How was that 1 Year APR Coffee?. @AJCsquadNoCLI4uCheerleader, my Dad used to always say;

The Air Force Kept The Squids Arses Alive, they just would'nt admit it.Smiley Very Happy

"Smartie"

JK

Message 5 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Approved for NFCU CR on 4/4 and 2nd statement cuts 4/26 so I expect it to report by the end of the month. 

I added an Amex on 4/4 as well and it just reported a few days ago, right after the 2nd statement.

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

Approved for NFCU CR on 4/4 and 2nd statement cuts 4/26 so I expect it to report by the end of the month. 

I added an Amex on 4/4 as well and it just reported a few days ago, right after the 2nd statement.

Thank you, yes Amex has usually been 2nd statement for me as well, did have one go 3 statements,

but that is probably not the norm.

I was just mostly curious as to the NFCU Card, as I am new to them. I shoulda got with Navy a Long time ago,

it was another Thread on myFICO that sparked me to do it. i was always hesitant because I thought to Myself,

how am I ever going to prove My Dad was In The Air Force?, as he passed 19 years ago. I had no documentation other than pictures.

that was wrong thinking, so I called Navy Federal to ask Question's?, I honestly told them the Story, She was Glad to take My APP

and said if they need further documentation, They would ask, A She told Me how to get the Documentation. if needed.

overall, super awesome experience, Friendly Nice people. and for a Credit Union to be open on Sunday, well that is just icing on the cake.

gosh, they are even open Holidays. Glad to be in with Navy!

Absolutely outstanding customer service thus far.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, Navy csr are friendly as FicoSmiley Wink. The only complaint i would mske sbout Nsvy is their communication via sm or electronicslly can be slow sometimes and i wish they had lower rates for personsl loans.

Good luck with the Ducks card, that is a nice oneSmiley Happy

Oh, and Air Force is cool as Fico tooSmiley Happy. Who else gets to play with Space and Aliens 😱
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, Did they HP you to join?

What CRA(s) did they pull for join/card?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy hasn’t HP’d for membership since early last year. They use EWS.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.