Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - When to ask for CLI?

tag
electra
Established Contributor

NFCU - When to ask for CLI?

I have an NFCU Visa Signature Cash Rewards card with a CL of $5k.  It was opened in Oct.  I have been charging 2-3k on it for the last 3 months and paying off to $0 before it reports.    It's my only CC.    Can I ask for a CLI now?  Will they HP? Should I just wait for 6 months and see if they auto CLI?  My FICO on applying was 584 for both EQ and TU and is now 679 EQ and 641 TU.  

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU - When to ask for CLI?

You can ask for a CLI online. Its a SP in my experience unless you ask for some crazy amount. my husband wen from 4k to 9k on his platinum card and it was SPs.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 29
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I asked for 15k and was countered with 12.5k with a SP but it gave me the option to try and go for the full 15k but said it was gonna have to pull my CR.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 3 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

This is interesting because they have always told me that a CLI request would be a HP. And the one time I did, it was a HP on EQ - And they also wanted proof of income.

I spoke to a rep last week, since I've had the card for just over a year and didn't get an auto CLI like I was hoping. She said I'd have to apply for a CLI and it would be a HP. Btw, I've always PIF with them.

Have others gotten CLIs with Navy with only a SP? 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 29
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

I also got a cli with a sp. I asked for 15k from 7.5k and was countered with 12.5k but at the bottom there was a option to go for the full amount asked but with a HP.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 5 of 29
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@bichonmom wrote:

This is interesting because they have always told me that a CLI request would be a HP. And the one time I did, it was a HP on EQ - And they also wanted proof of income.

I spoke to a rep last week, since I've had the card for just over a year and didn't get an auto CLI like I was hoping. She said I'd have to apply for a CLI and it would be a HP. Btw, I've always PIF with them.

Yes! Doing it online was a SP for my husband twice.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 29
Mellon
Established Contributor

the three times I have requested a CLI (between my Cashrewards and Platinum).. only once have they done a hard pull and that was when I requested my first one. the 2 subsequent ones were soft pulls..done online

Message 7 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, now that I have frozen all 3 of CR, I decided to give it a shot -- and it worked! I got a $5k CLI w/o a HP. Yay! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 29
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, now that I have frozen all 3 of CR, I decided to give it a shot -- and it worked! I got a $5k CLI w/o a HP. Yay! Smiley Happy

Nice!!!

i want to but don't know if I can take the rejection.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 29
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I have to imagine that my CLI request would be a hard pull. I can't see them going over 25k without it.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.