Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU?

Okay, seen some awesome limits on this card & want one later.  Just want some info if anyone can help.  My dad is a veteran from the Air Force.  My daughter is doing another round of the reserves.  If they open a checking or savings acccount, can I apply for a savings account & then a cc?  I was looking on the net for any info on this.  Not sure if that's how it works?  Thx

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU?

Per the NFCU eligibility page:

"Congratulations! If you have grandparents, parents, a spouse, siblings, grandchildren or children who are already part of Navy Federal Credit Union, you're eligible for membership."

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh!  Thanks so much!  Just what I wanted to hear!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 20
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

You're good to go....Get in there !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will.  Still following your story.  Smiley Embarassed  Hope everything works out for you.  Scores are still not bad.  I'm sure I'll see you back here right where you were before!

Message 5 of 20
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Your dad and daughter do not need to open an account for you to apply. It might be easier for verification issues but it's not mandatory.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 6 of 20
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:
Your dad and daughter do not need to open an account for you to apply. It might be easier for verification issues but it's not mandatory.

Where exactly does NFCU state that?  If you go to their eligibility page and click "NO" for their questions, they state you are NOT eligible.  Those questions are:

1) Are you affiliated in any way with the Armed Forces, DoD, Coast Guard or National Guard?

2) Is someone in your family already a Navy Federal member?

3) Is someone in your household already a Navy Federal member?

Result - >

Unfortunately, you aren't eligible for membership with Navy Federal Credit Union.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

@JediNeo wrote:

Where exactly does NFCU state that?  If you go to their eligibility page and click "NO" for their questions, they state you are NOT eligible.  Those questions are:

1) Are you affiliated in any way with the Armed Forces, DoD, Coast Guard or National Guard?

2) Is someone in your family already a Navy Federal member?

3) Is someone in your household already a Navy Federal member?

Result - >

Unfortunately, you aren't eligible for membership with Navy Federal Credit Union.

If he is a parent of a Department of Defense reservist, he's eligible to join.  He does not need them to be a member.

image.jpg

Message 8 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you will have to call and do the app over the phone if neither of them are members.

If one of them joins and you have the access number then you can join online - way easier!

however not easier because they have to join... but really they should join anyway!!

Message 9 of 20
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If he is a parent of a Department of Defense reservist, he's eligible to join.  He does not need them to be a member.

image.jpg

Thanks Irish.  I thought NFCU was like USAA where your sponsor actually had to be a member first because for family member's it states "Once your family mmebers have jioned, their family members are aslo eligibile for membership." For instance (made up example):

1) My dad is in the military. 

2) My brother's wife wants to join NFCU

3) Brother's wife's sister wants to join NFCU

If brother is not a member of NFCU, how is the wife's sister eligible?  They are all "family members" of an eligible family member.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.