Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

What national credit unions that offer pre qualify credit cards? These would be the one who take anywhere in the US.

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

USAlliance Federal Credit Union  - https://www.usalliance.org/pre-qualification

When I looked at this credit union a few months ago it seemed like anyone could join but I could be wrong. 

Message 2 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

USAlliance Federal Credit Union  - https://www.usalliance.org/pre-qualification

When I looked at this credit union a few months ago it seemed like anyone could join but I could be wrong. 

Nice find. Looks like anyone can join through a donation. 

I also prequalified for a credit card and personal loan. I don't need a new card or a personal loan right now but it's nice to be wanted. 😂 

The APRs are also high and they have more fees than I'm used to seeing with CUs. Their Signature VISA has a whopping 5% fee with a $10 minimum for BTs, for example. 

I also did a quick search and I see their prequal isn't really known to be that solid. People applied just to get denied. 

Message 3 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As per usual, im out  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

So uhh... US Alliance actually seems pretty good. They called me to ask me if I had any questions they could answer or if they could help me finish my app. The guy was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. They pull Experian and they use EX2. If you have a 740 EX2 you'll get their lowest rate. I'm impressed that he knew specifically what EX2 even was. 

I told him that I am waiting for my BK to fall off before I add any new accounts and he gave me his direct number when I'm ready since he works in new member services anyway. 

I had a similar call from NFCU when I joined in 2018 and I was annoyed because I felt like I was being pressured to open a checking account with them which I didn't want to do at the time but this was not a sales call. I asked questions and got the information I was looking for. I actually think I'm going to add their VISA Signature to my October app plans. 

Message 5 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good info @Anonymous  good luck when you go for itSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AJC!

Kind of shocked me that they called me back based on a prequal! Not even 24 hours!

Message 7 of 67
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks AJC!

Kind of shocked me that they called me back based on a prequal! Not even 24 hours!

They called me too. Did anyone else see specific terms on the pre-qualified screen? Mine was super vague, so I didn't put in an application. I have some baddies on my Experian report, so I am not trying to waste an HP.

Message 8 of 67
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Good luck when do apply,  @Saeren!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 9 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal does.  There pre qual is over the phone not on their site.   You can be in any state to join as long as you have some kind of connection with the military or DOD.

Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.