Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with determining which Credit Card would be the best

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with determining which Credit Card would be the best

Thanks for the insight...another option might be to ask BoA for a limit increase, my last one was 09/13. Is it worth the hard pull?

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the insight...another option might be to ask BoA for a limit increase, my last one was 09/13. Is it worth the hard pull?

Probably not.  Banks are reluctant for CLIs on cards with high balances for the same reason as they are reluctant to approve for a new card.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I strongly urge you to use the Capital One route. It's going to pay off for you. I forgot to mention this, Just make sure you are pre-qualed for the regular QuickSilver and not QuickSilverOne, which has an AF and will be a very low limit most likely. The regular QuickSilver has almost always been at least 3k, but hopefully you get 5k or more!
Good luck!
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News....I was just approved for Cap1 Quicksilver with a 3K limit. I can stop paying interest on half my debt and easily pay off the Cap1 before the 0% period expires.

Message 24 of 27
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats! I think that's probably an even better option then. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!!! I am very happy for you!

That is a good strategy. You may want to consider another CapOne card in order to move the rest, but at this point you have really reduced the interest hit which is a big deal, so I think you should be good. Enjoy this card and by next year the limit will most likely be increased at least twice!

Congrats!

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I received my denial letter regarding my Citi Simplicity today and they gave me two reasons.

1. To much utilization on my BoA card (no surprise there)

2. No history of installment payments (sucks that I get dinged for not having debt)

What makes me even more upset that along with my denial letter I received a separate letter...it was a pre-approval for Citi Double Cash.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.