Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex Spending Power Feature?

tag
JimmyWayne
New Contributor

Re: New Amex Spending Power Feature?

Mine doesn't show what I can spend up to... wonder why? 

CapOne QS1 $1.2k | Chase Freedom $3.5k | Discover $2.9k | Amex Everyday $3k | Amex PRG | Amazon Store $6k | Barclays Apple Rewards $2.9k | Regions Life $2.5k | Lexus Pursuits $3.3k | PayPal MC $8k | CSP $5k | WF CashWise $2k
Message 31 of 34
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

may be limited to AMEX Platinum, my old Zync card still gives the old yes or no.... answer. 

But yes my Zync card that I haven't run a charge on for at least a year will still appove a $7500 perchase... 

guess we will need to wait till others respond, yes its  a think on my PRG or etc...    and only my old Zync card is left out.  

I too have a Zync card. I love it. Even thought I have a Platinum card, I have decided to keep my Zync card for rainy days.  I can not beat the $25 AF for the card.  I use it quite often.

Message 32 of 34
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Logged into my wife's account yesterday to check as an AU for $25k and it was approved but nothing extra. I just tried $40k and it was approved but nothing extra. So much for my "and buy a little something for yourself" theory! I will stay sober for the near future so that I don't start trying $200k or more.
Message 33 of 34
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

I occasionally check for a purchase of $30k.

I don't use my card that often, and really only use it mostly for travel now.  I was only partially approved....for $18k.

Hope that data point helps, since it seems like you either got a binary yes/no response, or $$$ over your requested amount. 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.