Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New/Redesigned - Chase Slate Edge Card

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

New/Redesigned - Chase Slate Edge Card

As title says Doctor of Credit reporting a new Chase card called the Chase Slate Edge card to replace the previously discontinued Chase Slate. While not much to speak of rewards earning wise it does come with a modest SUB and has some interesting features. Image courtesy of DoC with link provided below. Link to application page down below as well, too

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-launches-chase-slate-edge-card/

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/slateedge100

The card will be a benefit to the rebuilders and those that need BT cards though I will be curious to see the underwriting for this card will be like. I don't know what the old Slate card took as far as what scores were needed but I'm assuming you won't need as good credit as you would for their more brand cards like the core Sapphire cards. Hopefully datapoints in the future will help with this

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: New/Redesigned - Chase Slate Edge Card

Watch everyone  get 23.74% APR, and 9 years/$9000.00 later, you might get some bragging rights along the "I have lowest or close to it APR on my Slate"

Well played, Chase. Well played. 

Message 2 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Meh..  Honestly Chase UW isn't hard really for any of their cards as long as one is under 5/24 and has a certain income.  Seen many 650's approved for various cards of theirs.  Agree the APR reduction is kinda gimmicky even if you got the best APR doesn't compare to most CU cards, etc.

edit: went to DOC site and saw CLI as well after 6 months so appears as mentioned to be more arranged around rebuilders

Message 3 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I see lipstick 💄 with a $100 SUB, but folks would still need to be under 5/24 to be considered.  I would assume Chase won't remove the 5/24 restriction just to be on the EDGE of things 💀.

The 2% APR reduction [consideration] at each anniversary is an interesting 🥕.

Message 4 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

I see lipstick 💄 with a $100 SUB, but folks would still need to be under 5/24 to be considered.  I would assume Chase won't remove the 5/24 restriction just to be on the EDGE of things 💀.

I was waiting for "My five slates already have lowest apr" 😂

( I shall walk myself out 😱) 

Message 5 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

And 3 of them are Visa Infinite 😂

21F4F7E4-2406-4633-9078-036B421184BD.gif

Message 6 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

And 3 of them are Visa Infinite 😂

21F4F7E4-2406-4633-9078-036B421184BD.gif

tenor (5).gif

(totally walking out now, for real this time) 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity I'm only one data point, but just three months ago Chase shut the door in my face (initial review and recon) on a co-branded hotel card, at 2/24, FICO8 > 720, dti < 25%, income > $200k . . . but util at 32% (one of the stated reasons). Years ago, Chase approved me for an original Freedom at 4/24, FICO ~660, dti ~35%, income ~50k and 40-50% util. Either their UW has changed a lot in the last 5 years, or they have very different standards for ultimate rewards cards vs their non-UR rewards cards. $.02 

Message 8 of 23
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

A whole lot of gimmick and not a lot of substance. Credit Unions do the BT oriented cards better from the start. If this had potential to end up <5% APR, I could see potential as a long game BT option for those who would use it on a regular basis. As far as UW'ing, Chase does have the Journey card which is geared towards students who are just starting out on their credit files. This card may be a door into Chase credit products for those with less than perfect profiles, but thinking this I also wonder if Chase would allow PC's to other Chase self branded cards like the old Slate was capable of.

*hits the snooze button*

Message 9 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

A whole lot of gimmick and not a lot of substance. Credit Unions do the BT oriented cards better from the start. If this had potential to end up <5% APR, I could see potential as a long game BT option for those who would use it on a regular basis. As far as UW'ing, Chase does have the Journey card which is geared towards students who are just starting out on their credit files. This card may be a door into Chase credit products for those with less than perfect profiles, but thinking this I also wonder if Chase would allow PC's to other Chase self branded cards like the old Slate was capable of.

*hits the snooze button*

*hits the alarm reminder*

@ChargedUp 

Chase does not have a Journey card -- just FYI. Not sure if you're mixing that up with Capital One which has that product.

Chase has Credit Journey which is their complimentary credit score and credit learning resources portal.

Chase offers the Freedom Student credit card, but it's not called "Journey".

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.