New credit cards from Ally Bank

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Ally 2%

@mgood wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

@user979797 wrote:

I did get a instant approval and also got the 2,500 CL (posted in approvals as well).

Anyone else have the oppertuniety to apply for this card? I'm wondering if we all start at $2500.

You're the only two I've seen. Don't know if that's a fairly standard SL or just a coincidence. We don't have enough data points to even guess yet.

Would be interesting to see what others on here get. I'm sure someone else will take the plunge "for science"

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 21 of 67
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was just going through some mail and came across an offer from Ally that says I'm pre-approved for a card with 3% cash back on gas station, grocery store and drugstore purchases. 1% on all other purchases. It looks like they have a few cards available? I really don't have an interest in getting a second card from them but does this mean I'd be approved? I can't tell you if the offer was before or after the one that I was approved for.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 22 of 67
AintYouADaisy
New Contributor

I have the Ollo card and applied for an Ally card.  My response from them was that they only allow one of their cc's per customer, so if you have one, you will not be approved for another/different one of theirs.  Just FYI  - save the HP!

Message 23 of 67
user979797
Established Contributor

Just wanted to post a update that after accepting my offer for the Ally 2% Unlimited card from Wallethub I got a mailed offer about a week later from Ally with a 21.99% apr and 15 months 0 interest.....I wish I had waited to accept the offer from Wallethub since it probably triggered me getting the mailed offer not long after but since I had already lost the 2.5% optimum and the 2% mercury offers I was afraid not to accept this one and lose it but the 0% intro and lower rate would have been nice. Just thought i would post this in case anyone else gets a offer from Wallethub for this card...wait a few weeks and see if you get a mailed pre approval with a invitation code and better terms. It's possible Smiley Happy 

>
Message 24 of 67
BRYANSUAVO
Established Member

Re: New credit cards from Ally Bank

I guess a 2% catch all mastercard is not a bad idea.. i may go for it.

Inquiries (6/12/24):

Message 25 of 67
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

@BRYANSUAVO wrote:

I guess a 2% catch all mastercard is not a bad idea.. i may go for it.

The PayPal 2% Mastercard also gets 3% on anything PayPal. Also redeeming seems to be any amount, at any time on the PayPal MC. For me this was an easy choice.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 4/21/2024):

Message 26 of 67
Roisin
New Contributor

I'm a teacher, and since last year I've been getting "pre-approved" mailers for the Ally Unlimited Rewards Mastercard for Nurses and Educators. The last two mailers have offered 2% unlimited CB and a 15-month 0% intro APR, then 20.99%. I've a short credit history with scores in the mid-700s which puts me in the middle tier, APR-wise. With that in mind, the Ally offer is better than a similar WF AC offer at 24.24% as well as Evergreen at 24.24%. After adding several cards last year, I've been trying to distract myself in the garden; however, we've got some big home improvement expenses coming up, and I'd like to have more credit at my disposal. I'm still on the fence about Ally (wondering, if I get approved will the SL be enough to make the HP worth it?) ... still, I'm curious like everyone else, and I may give it a go. 

Message 27 of 67
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@user979797 wrote:

Just wanted to post a update that after accepting my offer for the Ally 2% Unlimited card from Wallethub I got a mailed offer about a week later from Ally with a 21.99% apr and 15 months 0 interest.....I wish I had waited to accept the offer from Wallethub since it probably triggered me getting the mailed offer not long after but since I had already lost the 2.5% optimum and the 2% mercury offers I was afraid not to accept this one and lose it but the 0% intro and lower rate would have been nice. Just thought i would post this in case anyone else gets a offer from Wallethub for this card...wait a few weeks and see if you get a mailed pre approval with a invitation code and better terms. It's possible Smiley Happy 

A bit off topic but I wonder if I should have taken one of the 2% $4k CL Mercury MC offers when I was getting them late spring through summer '22.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 28 of 67
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Roisin wrote:

I'm a teacher, and since last year I've been getting "pre-approved" mailers for the Ally Unlimited Rewards Mastercard for Nurses and Educators. The last two mailers have offered 2% unlimited CB and a 15-month 0% intro APR, then 20.99%. I've a short credit history with scores in the mid-700s which puts me in the middle tier, APR-wise. With that in mind, the Ally offer is better than a similar WF AC offer at 24.24% as well as Evergreen at 24.24%. After adding several cards last year, I've been trying to distract myself in the garden; however, we've got some big home improvement expenses coming up, and I'd like to have more credit at my disposal. I'm still on the fence about Ally (wondering, if I get approved will the SL be enough to make the HP worth it?) ... still, I'm curious like everyone else, and I may give it a go. 

I don't know that we have any DPs for Ally-backed CCs, so your guess is as good as any of ours in terms of SLs.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 29 of 67
Roisin
New Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Roisin wrote:

I don't know that we have any DPs for Ally-backed CCs, so your guess is as good as any of ours in terms of SLs.

Received another Ally offer today. They're coming just a couple week apart now, and holding at 20.99%. Letter says, as an educator I'm "all about inspiring others." *sigh* Don't know about inspiring others, however, I am curious ...

Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.