Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu combine 2 cards

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Nfcu combine 2 cards

Does Nfcu allow to combine 2 cards for example if I have The platinum and Amex can i combine the limit

of the Amex 22k to the platinum 23k that has a low apr ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu combine 2 cards

I dont believe NFCU will let you combine cards, but I could be wrong.

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

Does Nfcu allow to combine 2 cards for example if I have The platinum and Amex can i combine the limit

of the Amex 22k to the platinum 23k that has a low apr ?

Data points suggest, yes. Send them a secure message to request.

Message 3 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The official stance is they don't move limits, product change, or combine, but if you send a secure message, they can do it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

The official stance is they don't move limits, product change, or combine, but if you send a secure message, they can do it.

^^  Only thing I haven't done so far is combine.  Moved limits along with product changed with absolutely 0 issues.  The the limit move was fairly recently during what's going on and for a measly amount ($300) and for the reason that I wanted the cards to be an even 10 & 20 opposed to 9.7 and 20.3.  Had I actually thought about how stupid the request was to submit then -- I wouldn't have.  But, I did and they did with out issue.

Message 5 of 8
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

I have done it a couple of times. I combined my NFCU Amex 23k limit equally between my Platinum and Cash Rewards. Send a message and they will do it.  

Business Cards
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The official policy here is only that they don't combine limits. Even regular CSRs can do product changes (the only caveat with product changes is it is processed through the system like a new card so it can result in an APR hike) and moving limits takes a single SM and choosing credit limit increase/decrease, telling them exactly what you want done and it's done. 

@Jccflat they will give you a message to the extent of it not being official policy but they will make a one time exception. I haven't heard of anyone being outright denied the ability to do so. 

Message 7 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The official policy here is only that they don't combine limits. Even regular CSRs can do product changes (the only caveat with product changes is it is processed through the system like a new card so it can result in an APR hike) and moving limits takes a single SM and choosing credit limit increase/decrease, telling them exactly what you want done and it's done. 

@Jccflat they will give you a message to the extent of it not being official policy but they will make a one time exception. I haven't heard of anyone being outright denied the ability to do so. 

+1

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.