Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstom's Visa Signature - Instant Approval

tag
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Re: Nordstom's Visa Signature - Instant Approval

Congrats!! I have 3 primary cards I use: Amex BCE, Chase Freedom, and Discover More. Chase and Discover are used for rotating 5% and Amex for groceries and everything else. It's all about how you use the cards.
Message 11 of 18
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@CraveMazda wrote:

Right now, until Sept 16th Nordstroms's is offering triple points to cardholders. They were also offering a special bonus for a skincare line I use so I decided to take the plunge today and apply for their visa card. Got approved for $5K! YaySmiley Very Happy! I'm really thrilled because I wanted to get another card with a higher limit before closing my $700 Cap One card that charges me $29/year. I haven't even used the card in a year...

Question. Why do people set out to get so many credit cards? I've noticed on peoples signatures that they have various cards but we all know we don't use all of them. Is there a reason other than helping lower utilization (if you have balance) that one needs so many cards?

CONGRATS!!! I have the store card I hope to be upgraded to the visa card soon.  I got a $3000 CLI in July 2012 which makes my CL $3,500 for big sale that they had for the winter.  

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 12 of 18
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

I like to use my Siggy Visa at Macy's!  Smiley Very Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 18
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@CraveMazda wrote:

Right now, until Sept 16th Nordstroms's is offering triple points to cardholders. They were also offering a special bonus for a skincare line I use so I decided to take the plunge today and apply for their visa card. Got approved for $5K! YaySmiley Very Happy! I'm really thrilled because I wanted to get another card with a higher limit before closing my $700 Cap One card that charges me $29/year. I haven't even used the card in a year...

Question. Why do people set out to get so many credit cards? I've noticed on peoples signatures that they have various cards but we all know we don't use all of them. Is there a reason other than helping lower utilization (if you have balance) that one needs so many cards?

For me, I got several cards while rebuilding from my BK. When I was 7-8 yrs post BK, I started reading the Forums, and found out about cards I could likely get, with higher limits than the rebuilders. Some of those cards I got to use and to help with utilization. The ones with no AF, I kept. I also kept the store cards I use regularly, like Kohls, Macy's and Discover. To be honest, I have thought about closing Jared (just rarely use it). But with no AF, and a 7.6 k limit, it is a good cushion for Util. I keep Nordstrom for occasional sales, and it also has a 10k limit.  I do have to rotate cards in my " rotation" to use them at times. 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 14 of 18
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@CraveMazda wrote:

For me, I got several cards while rebuilding from my BK. When I was 7-8 yrs post BK, I started reading the Forums, and found out about cards I could likely get, with higher limits than the rebuilders. Some of those cards I got to use and to help with utilization. The ones with no AF, I kept. I also kept the store cards I use regularly, like Kohls, Macy's and Discover. To be honest, I have thought about closing Jared (just rarely use it). But with no AF, and a 7.6 k limit, it is a good cushion for Util. I keep Nordstrom for occasional sales, and it also has a 10k limit.  I do have to rotate cards in my " rotation" to use them at times. 

hold old was your BK when u got your high CL cards???

Message 15 of 18
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I would say the 5 yr mark is when I started being approved for higher (5k +) limits. Prior to that, I wasn't too knowledgeable about what to do to get better limits (asking for CLI's, etc.). Once I got 1-2 higher limit cards, it becamsa easier after that. Plus, by the 5 yr mark, many of my smaller cards were older, and better established leading to more CLI's and approvals with higher limits.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 16 of 18
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

What was your score when you applied. Did they pull transunion? Was your utilization low.  

Just something to compare our own credit with, congrats!  Thanks.

Message 17 of 18
CraveMazda
Contributor

Last check my EQ was at 691. I have a few baddies that will fall off next year, but I have 20 + years of history (thanks to backdating thru my Amex Zync). It's been a slow climb rebuilding my credit. I don't have a mortgage and think that might be why my score hasn't gotten up to the 700's yet. I don't think my profile is well rounded enough.

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.