cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Signature Upgrade GRANTED!!

tag
PRose123
New Contributor

Nordstrom Visa Signature Upgrade GRANTED!!

🍾🎉🎊Another myfico forum tip that panned out! 🤗 I was able to get upgraded to the visa signature by ASKING - at my local Nordstrom - IN PERSON - AFTER January 1st 2019!! 😬. Today is January SECOND!! 😜A little bit of background; I’ve had the Nordstrom STORE card for about 13 years now. In that time, my credit limit has gone from $500 to $18,000. It was $1K for 11 years. I never got an automatic cli. My credit score is a 586-649. Uti is 54% It's not higher because my Wayfair and Overstock CL's are generous and less used. ALL of my major credit cards are currently maxed out. 😅😭2 years ago, i started calling Nordstrom for increases frequently. ALL increases were requested and granted until recently (i called too soon). I started using the Nordstrom Store card a bit more without paying off the balances in full. I also put 3 family members on my account as AU's. This helped their credit and was a handy reason to use for the frequent increase requests. I keep their cards though - unused. When I went in today, I told them I wanted to convert my Nordstrom Store card to their Visa card. THEY called their credit office. They asked for my SS# and ID and income which I gave and braced for the hard pull which the csr wasn't sure they'd do. They DIDN'T! She had to go through the whole app at which point I came up as already having an account and then she had to call the credit office back. They asked to speak to me and asked me all the id/work/income questions again. Then they CALLED me on my cell phone right there! I almost didn't answer as I was on a hard line WITH THEM AT THE STORE! They were further checking the phone number given.😑Then they said "please hold" once again and came back with the approval. The approval was my $18K limit split with the store card since i have a current $550 balance. I further asked if I could just have $1k on the store card and $17K on the new Nordstrom Siggy Visa at which I was told "YES"!! Then I was told I'd get an instant $40. note if I spent .01 cent today! I did and my purchase was FREE! 💜💖❣️I LOVE Nordstrom!! 😍💙🧡❣️ ps. 1) When I was asking for the Nordstrom Store Card increases, whatever they would approve, I would ask for MORE and the higher amount would be approved. 2) I've never been late on a Nordstrom payment and usually pay my balance in full. 3) I haven't any credit baddies 4) I've never filed BK 5) I currently have 45 hard inquiries according to CK😫😩😢😭!!! 6) My AAoA is only 2.2 years. 7)It seems Nordstrom/TD Bank cares more about your history with THEM than about score, credit age or inquiries.💖💙

World's Worst Gardener
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa Signature Upgrade GRANTED!!

Oh wow. Congratulations.

Now I really want to try my luck at the store. Can you tell me who you spoke with at the store? Like in customer service area or any employee at a cash register?

Message 2 of 50
DH1988
New Contributor

CONGRATS!!

The Nordy card is my fav! They are generous with their CLI & upgrades. This card grows quickly...

I had a store card for about a year. I was told it couldnt be upgraded to the Visa but I could apply for a 2nd card. I was approved, closed my store card and now have had the VISA for about a year. In that year the card has been upgraded to the VS and the limit is about 5x higher than when I opened the original store card. I've gotten auto CLIs & I've never been denied a CLI when I requested one. Since the upgrade to the VS, 6 months ago, I've also been receiving a 0% promo APR! I didn't know I would get the promo APR or when the promo period is going to end but it sure has been a nice surprise.

Continue to be good to them, and they'll be good to you!

Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 3 of 50
PRose123
New Contributor

Yes. I went straight to the Nordstrom Service Bar. They will do the application and call.

World's Worst Gardener
Message 4 of 50
Vu
Frequent Contributor

So...

I went to the store today and told them I want to do then upgrade (knowing that there will be a new application). The service representative called the credit department and confirmed that a new application is needed.

I gave her the DL. She entered it into the system, then the point of sale system asked for my SSN and income. I entered those. After that, the representative said she doesn't has the option to pick the Visa card. So she called the credit department and she were told that if there is not a Visa option on her screen. It means I am not eligible for the Visa. Bummer.

I asked if a credit report has been pulled. She doesn't knows...... So I left and called customer service number on the back of the card. The representative said she had no record of the application. She thinks that because there is not option to select the Visa card during the application process. There would be no credit pull. I asked if there is a way to have the credit report pulled manually and she said no.

I was so excited when my CL get bumped to $6K so I can get the Visa version but....

Oh well.

Message 5 of 50
PRose123
New Contributor

Update: Went crazy with my Nordstrom $17K Visa and was bumped DOWN to $5K! 😱😭😬 I'd just about hit THAT in 2 weeks!! 😭! That was a week ago. When I called to ask why my 'new' Nordy Visa was reduced from $17K to $5k, I was told they'd have to 'monitor' my use for a few months. I quickly paid it down significantly as the $5K CL put me near its max. Today, I called and they INCREASED my Nordstrom Retail CL up to $15K from $1K!! 🤗!! I'd paid the $1K card in full before inquiring. No hard pull. Hoping to get the CL on the Nordstrom Visa back to $17-$20K. All in, at this point, between the 2 cards I'm fine at a combined $20K. Hoping to get the CL on the Nordstrom Visa back to $17-$20K. All in, at this point, between the 2 cards I'm fine at a combined $20K.

@PRose123 wrote:
🍾🎉🎊Another myfico forum tip that panned out! 🤗 I was able to get upgraded to the visa signature by ASKING - at my local Nordstrom - IN PERSON - AFTER January 1st 2019!! 😬. Today is January SECOND!! 😜A little bit of background; I’ve had the Nordstrom STORE card for about 13 years now. In that time, my credit limit has gone from $500 to $18,000. It was $1K for 11 years. I never got an automatic cli. My credit score is a 586-649. Uti is 54% It's not higher because my Wayfair and Overstock CL's are generous and less used. ALL of my major credit cards are currently maxed out. 😅😭2 years ago, i started calling Nordstrom for increases frequently. ALL increases were requested and granted until recently (i called too soon). I started using the Nordstrom Store card a bit more without paying off the balances in full. I also put 3 family members on my account as AU's. This helped their credit and was a handy reason to use for the frequent increase requests. I keep their cards though - unused. When I went in today, I told them I wanted to convert my Nordstrom Store card to their Visa card. THEY called their credit office. They asked for my SS# and ID and income which I gave and braced for the hard pull which the csr wasn't sure they'd do. They DIDN'T! She had to go through the whole app at which point I came up as already having an account and then she had to call the credit office back. They asked to speak to me and asked me all the id/work/income questions again. Then they CALLED me on my cell phone right there! I almost didn't answer as I was on a hard line WITH THEM AT THE STORE! They were further checking the phone number given.😑Then they said "please hold" once again and came back with the approval. The approval was my $18K limit split with the store card since i have a current $550 balance. I further asked if I could just have $1k on the store card and $17K on the new Nordstrom Siggy Visa at which I was told "YES"!! Then I was told I'd get an instant $40. note if I spent .01 cent today! I did and my purchase was FREE! 💜💖❣️I LOVE Nordstrom!! 😍💙🧡❣️ ps. 1) When I was asking for the Nordstrom Store Card increases, whatever they would approve, I would ask for MORE and the higher amount would be approved. 2) I've never been late on a Nordstrom payment and usually pay my balance in full. 3) I haven't any credit baddies 4) I've never filed BK 5) I currently have 45 hard inquiries according to CK😫😩😢😭!!! 6) My AAoA is only 2.2 years. 7)It seems Nordstrom/TD Bank cares more about your history with THEM than about score, credit age or inquiries.💖💙

World's Worst Gardener
Message 6 of 50
JaseT
Established Contributor

All of your major credit cards were maxed and then you ran the Nordstrom Visa up to nearly $5k that quickly?! No wonder they were spooked!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 7 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, interesting . Thanks for sharing. Would love to read the full storySmiley Wink. Are your other cards maxed right now as alluded to by previous poster?
Message 8 of 50
PRose123
New Contributor

LOL! Exactly!!

World's Worst Gardener
Message 9 of 50
PRose123
New Contributor

My major credit cards are not maxed but they definitely are over the recommended 30% at this moment in time.

World's Worst Gardener
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.