cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion on my new card

tag

Opinion on my new card

Ok, hello to everyone. I just got approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card. In your opinion, how good is this? What I mean is that AMEX I have always considered the "cool kids of credit club." Is this true and am I a part of the club?  What does it say about my credit since I was approved? Thanks.

AMEX Gold *NPSL*, AMEX BCE $9,900, AMEX Delta Gold $2,000, Premier Bank $300
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Opinion on my new card

@86 wrote:

Ok, hello to everyone. I just got approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card. In your opinion, how good is this? What I mean is that AMEX I have always considered the "cool kids of credit club." Is this true and am I a part of the club?  What does it say about my credit since I was approved? Thanks.

It is a good card if you fly Delta a lot, otherwise uh not really worth it IMO.

Amex is a prime lender. It means your credit is good.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 45

Well to be honest I don't care for airline rewards, I just wanted an AMEX card, and was afraid at going for anything higher I guess. I never even fly.  I assume the card is accepted everywhere AMEX is, for any type of purchase, right? -Maybe an ignorant question.

Message 3 of 45
enharu
Super Contributor

@86 wrote:

Well to be honest I don't care for airline rewards, I just wanted an AMEX card, and was afraid at going for anything higher I guess. I never even fly.  I assume the card is accepted everywhere AMEX is, for any type of purchase, right? -Maybe an ignorant question.

Yeap as long as the establishment accepts Amex you can use it.

IMO all the revolvers have similar underwriting standards. Some might be a little harder, but it isn't really going to make any difference for most people. Most people who get approved for 1 of their revolvers would just be approved as well if they had chosen something else.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 45

Thanks for the information. Last question: If I wanted to apply for another AMEX card, would the fact that I just got one make me not eligable? Or would they not consider that? Lets say I applied two days later to try for another revolver.

Message 5 of 45
myjourney
Super Contributor

@86 wrote:

Lol

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 45
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@86 wrote:

There is no club. Lmao

Do you fly delta alot? Did you have a specific goal or purpose for this card?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 45
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@86 wrote:

Exactly what I thought. Smdh.

Its like a pandemic around here lately!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 45
enharu
Super Contributor

@86 wrote:

Thanks for the information. Last question: If I wanted to apply for another AMEX card, would the fact that I just got one make me not eligable? Or would they not consider that? Lets say I applied two days later to try for another revolver.

Most lenders have some sort of limits in place where they limit how many apps people can put through with them over a certain period of time.

My guess is that 1 more app with Amex should be fine. You could also call and try have them change the card to something else that benefits you. Most of the time they'd need you to wait 13 months, but sometimes some people manage to slip by the cracks.

Message 9 of 45

"Exactly what I thought. Smdh.

Its like a pandemic around here lately!!"

"There is no club. Lmao"

^

This guy reminds me of the rich golfers in Caddyshack  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.