Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optima Card

tag
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Re: Optima Card

Okay, after calling them and hearing the terms I have the details for anyone else interested- 

- You are accepted for the Optima card through AMEX only. If you have an offer from collections, it is not genuine as AMEX selects them directly through their system. 

- You do need to pay in full in order to be given the card. They can either take one payment ( which is what I did) or set up a plan. 

- Once balance is paid they send you paper application and credit limit with 1/3 of what you paid in full roughly. ( My limit will be 2k) 

- The AF is 49 dollars, and there are no points/ rewards, and its a variable APR. Once you PIF they update beaureus 

This is by invitation only, sorry to stress this but I have been reading about customers calling to try and get it. 

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Do it! That is your ticket back in!

Message 12 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Optima is an easy YES just DO IT....

As to locking you out.... You need to have the card for at least a year from what I recall to be considered for a second product... You *used* to have to close the optima and open another product... Since that time.. a few people have gotten an additional product through amex while still holding the Optima....

Optima is one of the easier ways back in with Amex...

-J

Message 13 of 16
dacv01
Regular Contributor

Thank for evryones feedback. I just got an email that my Optima application has been mailed. Once it gets in I will post a picture of it blank, as well as the card when it arrives. I will try and update on my experience if anyone thinks that will be helpful. 

> 5 Inquiries, AAoC 4 years, AoOA 7 years, 11 months as of September 2021
Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@dacv01 wrote:

Thank for evryones feedback. I just got an email that my Optima application has been mailed. Once it gets in I will post a picture of it blank, as well as the card when it arrives. I will try and update on my experience if anyone thinks that will be helpful. 

I would definitely welcome that suggestion @dacv01

Often times, a variety of members are always in search of the most recent experiences or DPs, especially with this particular program, so this can certainly go a long way with helping others. 

Message 15 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know Does it only work if you pay in full or can u do the cash settlement offer ? I got the same letter my full balance is like 20k And my settlement was $7500 directly from Amex no 3rd party. Had a card go bad in 2008 when Mtg crisis went bad never Bk just couldn’t pay. I can now pay the settlement but really want the card privileges again. Any ideas ?? 

You have to pay the full balance, but it can be done in installments.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.