Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoorsy peeps

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Outdoorsy peeps

Why no love for the Cabela's card, I think 9.99% is great for items bearing their Brand. I don't see much about it here.  

Regular rates start as 15.99%

not much as far a rewards go. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Outdoorsy peeps

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Why no love for the Cabela's card, I think 9.99% is great for items bearing their Brand. I don't see much about it here.  

2% back at Cabela's, 1% back on restaurants, groceries, and gas.  I feel it is not popular because the rewards are terrible.  If you pay in full, the APR is irrelevant so the 9.99% really isn't a factor that I would consider before applying. 

Message 2 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Unless you're an avid Cabbala's shopper, card rewards have nothing enticing. Certainly not for a Cap One 3 HP.

Message 3 of 20
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Howaboutthat wrote:

2% back at Cabela's, 1% back on restaurants, groceries, and gas.  I feel it is not popular because the rewards are terrible.  If you pay in full, the APR is irrelevant so the 9.99% really isn't a factor that I would consider before applying. 

+100

Any 2% card beats it, heck 1.5% cards beat it unless you spend a ton in store

Message 4 of 20
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

It's been said that roughly only 20% of all cardholders pay in full every month. ( I got that directly from this site) so 9.99% is a good on Cabelas branded products for the rest of us. Most card holders carry a balance if that article is true. I'm not speaking about the 2% rewards. 

Message 5 of 20
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Unless you're an avid Cabbala's shopper, card rewards have nothing enticing. Certainly not for a Cap One 3 HP.

I do like Cabela's branded product, my card converted to Capital One

Message 6 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I used to love using Citi cards at REI.

Shop in person, get great assistance, pay full retail at checkout...then find the stuff online for maybe 30% less and submit price rewind claims.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 20
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

I used to love using Citi cards at REI.

Shop in person, get great assistance, pay full retail at checkout...then find the stuff online for maybe 30% less and submit price rewind claims.

and this is why we couldn't have nice things lol.

Message 8 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

My Cabela's gets little to no use at all. Really only hang on to it because I've had it so long. I got the card when it was still being issued by World’s Foremost Bank. They were another one who wanted to do an HP for an increase.

I asked for an increase once after it was sold to CapOne and still game up with nothing. Now it sits and gets an occasional swipe for activity.
Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

It's been said that roughly only 20% of all cardholders pay in full every month. ( I got that directly from this site) so 9.99% is a good on Cabelas branded products for the rest of us. Most card holders carry a balance if that article is true. I'm not speaking about the 2% rewards. 

Bring up a credit card on myFico, mention the apr  then ask why its not popular you are bound to get its rewards value mentioned and compared. Most people here want cc for its value to their spend not just to have.  Im a hybridSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.