cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Approval! But as usual, I am confused! FTW??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC Approval! But as usual, I am confused! FTW??

Okay, so I changed my Citi Diamond Pref to a Citi Rewards+, and the lady on the phone was SUPER nice! (Yay for nice CSR!)
Anyway, she said my DP would be good till my new Rewards+ card showed up in the mail and I activated the new card. It would have a new number, but have the same limit, etc.
However, I just looked on my Citibank app and it lists my new Double Cash, but has a lil exclamation point where my Diamond Pref should be and says "this acct has been closed, please log onto a PC or laptop to remove it from your Citi app".
Does that mean the CSR effed up? Or should I just leave it, wait for my new card, then add it and remove my now dead Diamond Pref?
I just hope the new card REALLY is the same, like, in my CL and APR, etc.
What should I do? 😪😥😫
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC Approval! But as usual, I am confused! FTW??

Funky and clunky things happen when Citi makes changes.  All will be fine though in the end.  Whenever I have them change things it tends to lock me out of the site completely while it's processing the change and then it starts working again.

PC = retain all of the age and history

Just relax and wait for things to shake out on the site and app.

Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay, so I changed my Citi Diamond Pref to a Citi Rewards+, and the lady on the phone was SUPER nice! (Yay for nice CSR!)
Anyway, she said my DP would be good till my new Rewards+ card showed up in the mail and I activated the new card. It would have a new number, but have the same limit, etc.
However, I just looked on my Citibank app and it lists my new Double Cash, but has a lil exclamation point where my Diamond Pref should be and says "this acct has been closed, please log onto a PC or laptop to remove it from your Citi app".
Does that mean the CSR effed up? Or should I just leave it, wait for my new card, then add it and remove my now dead Diamond Pref?
I just hope the new card REALLY is the same, like, in my CL and APR, etc.
What should I do? 😪😥😫

Here is how I did Mine;

Re: Successful Product Change to Citi Double Cash

Just FYI, I had called 3 different times, 3 different Reps, leading up to the one year.

All gave me The Exact Day The Account was opened, all of them stated "One year from the date of opening"

I tried 1 day early, no go! it was a Saturday, I called The Next Day, Exatly One Year, and The Lady said Let Me Check.

came back on the line and said would you like to continue your product change, I said yes. took all of about 10 Minutes.

All i did before I let her proceed is,

1) No Hard Pull Involved?, She said no Hard Pull

2) I get to keep acount history?, She Said, you even get to keep the same Account #

The New Double Cash Card came within 7 Bus. Days. Same Account # Same Expiration Date and same three digit CVV Code

My Original Post

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-Product-Change-to-Citi-Double-Cash/m-p/5601...

Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

also That was "Citi Double Cash Card #2"

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

All i did before I let her proceed is,

1) No Hard Pull Involved?, She said no Hard Pull

2) I get to keep acount history?, She Said, you even get to keep the same Account #

The New Double Cash Card came within 7 Bus. Days. Same Account # Same Expiration Date and same three digit CVV Code

That's all 100% within the same family of cards. 

Card # Changes:

Moving between say DP and DC might be a hurdle if one's a MC and other is V or just simply a legacy product convering into the newer product.  

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

See, now I feel better. Because I just got that darned Double Cash card (#1, ...ahem) 🤨 and I waited almost 2 years with my Diamond Pref, getting nicely sized CLI after another.
But without points, what's the use, yanno? So I took the plunge, called and right away the Rep said, "is the Rewards+ okay?"
I was like "🤔 ... 😀😂😃". Or, yes.
She said to give her a min, and 'Viola', I had a new card, with new hopes, dreams, ambitions!
But then she said it had a new number.
I was like, "😯😥😐" Okay. Cool.
I only pay my ADT, Arlo, and other random security system fees on that card monthly, but no going back now!
So, yeah. She said I could still use my old card till the new one came, but ... 🙈🙉🙊. Yanno?

However, you kind townsfolk always know how to make a stranger feel at ease. Thank ya kindly! 🤠

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

but no going back now!

Actually, I believe I was told I had either 60 or 90 days to change my mind, after The Product Change.

Just Going off What The Citi REP told Me, I Though She was pretty clear & precise about what She was Doing.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

45 days is the norm.

Message 8 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

"This card is closed. For inquiries, call 1-800-950-5114."

I got that message on AA Platinum and Prestige when I PCed them to Costco and DC. The message is standard. The Costco and DC accounts just appear on the same page and are fully functonal.

That said, I don't recall how long it took for the message to appear, or for the Costco/DC accounts to appear after PCing.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.