Did you mean: 

Pay Pal closed!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Pay Pal closed!

Card reductions continue...

Just closed my 10k Pay Pal extras MC.

I'm down to 15 cards . My goal is to have less than 10 cards with a minimum Credit line of 10 k on each by the end of the year.

Between my wife and I, we had almost 40 cards.

Maintaining those was getting to be too much.

we are down to 24 now.

I think the GM card is out the door this summer as well as the freedom.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay Pal closed!

@woodyman100 wrote:

I'm down to 15 cards . My goal is to have less than 10 cards with a minimum Credit line of 10 k on each by the end of the year.

we are down to 24 now.

Nice.

I cut a card as well today.

Message 2 of 16
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

we are down to 24 now.

Nice.

Congratulations OP!

I've cut several cards over the last 6 months, but it's getting more difficult to determine what might be next on the chopping block.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I think if you cant fit them all in one wallet then they need to go!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

we are down to 24 now.

Nice.

Yeah, they're kind of like my babies. That synchrony interest rate pushed me over the edge though. 10k at 24% does nothing for me except pad utility.

my wife signed up for an Amex everyday tonight. grrrrrrrr!

Baby steps

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! I think if you cant fit them all in one wallet then they need to go!! Smiley Very Happy

My form fitting to the butt cheek size wallet or my wife's huge potato sack size purse wallet?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

option 2 if it only fits 8 or 10 like mine! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

we are down to 24 now.

Nice.

Which one bit the dust?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

we are down to 24 now.

Nice.

Which one bit the dust?

SWA.

With the coming devaluation in points I just couldn't justify keeping it open regardless of the 6K anniv points. Moved the CL over to my RC since it's my 3nd general spend card after the wife's Venture which we're halfway toward meeting the spend bonus on and my US Airways which has a 50% mile boost + 5,000 mile mini bonus when I spend $1,000 in 90 days.

Message 9 of 16
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

we are down to 24 now.

Nice.

Which one bit the dust?

SWA.

With the coming devaluation in points I just couldn't justify keeping it open regardless of the 6K anniv points. Moved the CL over to my RC since it's my 3nd general spend card after the wife's Venture which we're halfway toward meeting the spend bonus on and my US Airways which has a 50% mile boost + 5,000 mile mini bonus when I spend $1,000 in 90 days.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I need to hurry up and spend the 55k points before April and then move the line during the summer

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.