Not applicable

Re: Paypal

+1
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got approved for the PP credit then got the PP MC about 4 days later. Use both. Afterwards it was brought to my attention on another post that PP credit will soon be Synchrony so it may no longer be a hidden trade line

Did you get 2 seperate hard pulls on TUnion?

Message 12 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Two separate HPs @Anonymous. SYNCB doesn't combine HPs, unfortunately. These are two separate credit products altogether.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Two separate HPs @Anonymous. SYNCB doesn't combine HPs, unfortunately. These are two separate credit products altogether.

You are right . i got 2 HPs as well. Apparently they are through 2 different banks

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i only got a $300 Temp and Permenant CL. 

This is weird, as all my cards which i have 20+ of them with TU Scores in 770+ .

Any ideas on how to get a CLI from Synchrony bank without getting another HP?

Message 15 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

You are right . i got 2 HPs as well. Apparently they are through 2 different banks

They are both serviced by the same bank, Synchrony.  Each product results in a separate HP. 

Message 16 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So i only got a $300 Temp and Permenant CL. 

This is weird, as all my cards which i have 20+ of them with TU Scores in 770+ .

Any ideas on how to get a CLI from Synchrony bank without getting another HP?

Have you actually confirmed the permanent CL by receipt of your card?  If not, then wait until it arrives and see whether it may qualify (not guaranteed) for a CLI.  You can contact Credit Solutions once you have received it.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for $700.00 credit line Via the Mastercard from Synchrony Bank. No CLI increases over the last 9 months.
However I had applied about the same time around 8/2018 for PP credit and was denied (prob still Comenity at that time).
This evening I thought why not just to explore, and was required to enter my last 4 digits of my SSI (soft pull) and it came back as approved for $400.00. So maybe Synch already took over on NEW accounts?
Either way I didn't really need a new credit line too much but is nice if it doesn't report, if it does, a bonus since there's a zero balance anyhow.
Although the information disclosed to me still said the credit line was issued by Comenity, which would also be a  plus for me, as it may disclose a break thru barrier with Comenity, which has been very mean towards me.
As they always deny me credit no matter the store, which stinks considering I purchase quite a bit on authorized accounts issued by them such as Victoria's Secret, and Forever 21, maybe those chains should move to Synchrony?.
So at this point I'm not sure if it's a quasi thing or not, approved because they are passing liability onto Synch because Synch said yea they are okay in my book? or what. Hard/difficult to tell criteria of bank thought at any given time.

I just figure if I prove myself, then there must come a time where they must prove themselves to me at that point.

The real cat in the tail thing that concerns me a bit in regards to Comenity Bank versus Synchrony, is Comenity Bank relies heavily upon Sagestream credit reporting which was actually started and birthed by JCPenney, in which Sagestream has an in depth and extensive system of data collecting on potential debtors.
Yet JCPenney is now being serviced by Synchrony Bank.
It's difficult to fathom why would JCPenney whom holds an interest in Comenity, LifeLock, Nortons anit-virus etc. use Synchrony instead of their own data and associated creditor (Comenity).

Maybe they want to remove themselves from liable lawsuits? I'm not sure, but there's some tricky whicky sht going on with Sagestream/Comenity Bank.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synch never does a hard pull on me for CLI's, so far anyhow.
I have went from $200 WM credit line to $3k, and a $500 Lowes to $5k, a Gap from $200 to $1k, and a Belk from $400 to $700 not a single one was a hard pull.
Have been denied CLI one week from Synch and two weeks later approved. Their system looks at a score I think at any given time, and relax credit criteria at first. Then they tighten up a bit and move into a different mode once you are in that box, from that point on a potential debtor is on their own I think. If it's  a hard pull something isn't right by their standards on your credit.

Message 19 of 20
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for $700.00 credit line Via the Mastercard from Synchrony Bank. No CLI increases over the last 9 months.
However I had applied about the same time around 8/2018 for PP credit and was denied (prob still Comenity at that time).
This evening I thought why not just to explore, and was required to enter my last 4 digits of my SSI (soft pull) and it came back as approved for $400.00. So maybe Synch already took over on NEW accounts?
Either way I didn't really need a new credit line too much but is nice if it doesn't report, if it does, a bonus since there's a zero balance anyhow.
Although the information disclosed to me still said the credit line was issued by Comenity, which would also be a  plus for me, as it may disclose a break thru barrier with Comenity, which has been very mean towards me.
As they always deny me credit no matter the store, which stinks considering I purchase quite a bit on authorized accounts issued by them such as Victoria's Secret, and Forever 21, maybe those chains should move to Synchrony?.
So at this point I'm not sure if it's a quasi thing or not, approved because they are passing liability onto Synch because Synch said yea they are okay in my book? or what. Hard/difficult to tell criteria of bank thought at any given time.

I just figure if I prove myself, then there must come a time where they must prove themselves to me at that point.

The real cat in the tail thing that concerns me a bit in regards to Comenity Bank versus Synchrony, is Comenity Bank relies heavily upon Sagestream credit reporting which was actually started and birthed by JCPenney, in which Sagestream has an in depth and extensive system of data collecting on potential debtors.
Yet JCPenney is now being serviced by Synchrony Bank.
It's difficult to fathom why would JCPenney whom holds an interest in Comenity, LifeLock, Nortons anit-virus etc. use Synchrony instead of their own data and associated creditor (Comenity).

Maybe they want to remove themselves from liable lawsuits? I'm not sure, but there's some tricky whicky sht going on with Sagestream/Comenity Bank.

No offence but CC servicers and their servicing brands have been known to be happy to get into squabbles for various reasons as of late. For example Walmart and Synchrony Bank blew up as they fought amongst themselves over the CC customer portfolio when Walmart said they are moving to Capitol One. Then you have Starbucks and JP Morgan Chase Bank when Chase said brewing coffee at home instead of buying it at Starbucks would save customers money. The joke is that Chase is the servicer of the Starbucks CC. Thankfully Chase had the sense to figure out they were being insensitive and Starbucks just watched from the side lines as they got some free press. I would not be surprised if Comenity and JC Penny did not have some kind of unstable history.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.