cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QS VS CLI only $500 higher. Advice/input please.

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

QS VS CLI only $500 higher. Advice/input please.

I opened a QS VS with a 5k SL back in May 2016. I was wandering around the forum trying to learn something new because, well, that's what you do when you're in the Garden Club. I want to combine my QS1 I opened in July 2015 into my 3 or 4 month old QS VS (or vice versa), but both accounts have balances. I hit the LUV button on the QS VS acct and was approved for a $500 increase.  I don't want this small CLI to be the only action on this account for 6 months.

I didn't accept or decline the offer, I just closed the browser tab and ran over here to tell y'all about it. Anyone have any advice?  Wait a few more months?  Hit up the EO for account combination?  Leave the accounts alone for now?  Where's Uncle B to set me straight?

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 6.06.29 PM.png

3B profile optimization in progress...
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: QS VS CLI only $500 higher. Advice/input please.

Same thing happened to me today as well its bee a couple days since second statement cut. I requested a credit line increase and they only offered 100.00 increase I declined it. I am hoping I can try again after third statement. I have read that others have declined increases and later received higher ones. So here's to keeping my fingers crossed🙂
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.  Hold out for the larger offer.  I did that with my card. Was offered $150 which I declined.  Two weeks later...$1000 increase.  Hubby was offered $500 and declined it.  Then he hit the LUV button a couple weeks later and got a $3000 increase.  

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you have to contact the EO to combine accounts? You can do that yourself on their Web site. The card you want to close has to be open for six months and have a zero balance.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:

I opened a QS VS with a 5k SL back in April 2016. I was wandering around the forum trying to learn something new because, well, that's what you do when you're in the Garden Club. I want to combine my QS1 I opened in July 2015 into my 3 or 4 month old QS VS (or vice versa), but both accounts have balances. I hit the LUV button on the QS VS acct and was approved for a $500 increase.  I don't want this small CLI to be the only action on this account for 6 months.

I didn't accept or decline the offer, I just closed the browser tab and ran over here to tell y'all about it. Anyone have any advice?  Wait a few more months?  Hit up the EO for account combination?  Leave the accounts alone for now?  Where's Uncle B to set me straight?

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 6.06.29 PM.png

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 31
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why do you have to contact the EO to combine accounts? You can do that yourself on their Web site. The card you want to close has to be open for six months and have a zero balance.

+1 Not an EO "issue". 

I would wait for the next statement to cut and try again. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 31
_NERD
Established Contributor

Thank you everyone.  I edited my OP to say the account was opened in May, not April.  I'll wait another statement and hit the LUV button again.  I'll wait until the account to be closed is at least six months old. Can the destination account be less than six months old?

Can I hit the LUV button every month without accepting? (=

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 7 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This exactly. Why go through the EO when this is a simple, self service request? The EO doing it won't make any difference.

Anyway, as  far as the CLI, just wait and see if the offer gets better. CLIs with Capital One are now entirely computer based, there's no human intervention available. So your only option is to wait for a good increase from the system.

Message 8 of 31
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

On the website under "More". You'll see the combine link. Click the top card and it gives you a choice. And explains what happens if you agree the the terms. I did the luv after 60 days on 2 of my cards. You can see in my siggy what occured. Then at the 5th statement. you'll see I got the 500 CLI for credit steps. Mine says redeem before combine or lose the cash.

Message 9 of 31
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

I just applied for a CLI on my QS and was offered only $100 also. My CL is only $300 so I declined. I'll try again later and see if I get a better one.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.