Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Amex Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Amex Bonus

If I have the BCE and for the $100 spend bonus with it... and I apply for a BCP (not upgrade) ... do I still get the $150 spend bonus offer?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Amex Bonus

Yes, as long as you haven't had the BCP in the past.
Message 2 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Also, if you're gonna apply for the BCP make sure you get the $250 singup bonus to maximize your rewards; believe that's the best offer for the card atm.

Message 3 of 17
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure Amex will deny you the BCP if you have a BCE.  Same with ED/EDP.

That said, once you've had the BCE for a year, Amex will send you upgrade bonus offers for the BCP.

Message 4 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can have both cards (BCE/BCP) but as you sort of pointed out don't think you can have both so soon between apps (if that's the case) and also why would you when upgrade offers include the bonuses.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I'm pretty sure Amex will deny you the BCP if you have a BCE. Same with ED/EDP."

Say what?!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it’s not the exact same but I just applied for and got both Hilton Honors cards only two weeks apart of each other after calling and asking a rep if I could get the signup bonus for both. The only issue I had was I had to use a different browser since every time it asked me if I wanted to upgrade my current card and would not give me the option to apply. I also only got a credit limit of $1,000 on the second card.

Message 7 of 17
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"I'm pretty sure Amex will deny you the BCP if you have a BCE. Same with ED/EDP."

Say what?!

I haven't tried it myself.  Just repeating what I've heard.  Feel free to give it a try and let us know the results.

Message 8 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Say what?!

I haven't tried it myself.  Just repeating what I've heard.  Feel free to give it a try and let us know the results.

No need to try when it's possible to have both at the same time if the person is so inclined.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Say what?!

Pooka89 knows that you  can get both cards.  He is an ex Amex employee

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.