Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU Question

tag
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

RBFCU Question

I joined subject credit union.  I plan to eventually apply for a credit card with them.  If any of you have experience with them, would you please advise what you believe to be their best credit card.  TIA.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: RBFCU Question

Im not sure but some say the best card from Subject Credit Union is Math?Smiley Wink. People like their percentagesSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

I joined subject credit union.  I plan to eventually apply for a credit card with them.  If any of you have experience with them, would you please advise what you believe to be their best credit card.  TIA.

Congrats on Membership with RBFCU. It really depends on whether you want a low interest card or the cash back version. I applied for the Cash Back (2%).

They pull TU Fico 8 last year and after manual review I was approved next day for $25K. I didn’t have to provide POI but in some cases they require it. 

You can have both cards but I’m not sure what the time frame is to acquire both. I’ve only been a member for a year.

Message 3 of 10
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

They only have 2 consumer cards. I have the 2% cashback rewards card. I like cashback rewards so that it the best card they have for my needs.

RBFCU - consumer credit cards

• 2% CashBack rewards card (APR starts at 12.15%)
  • Premier Rate low APR card (APR starts at 9.95%) with no cash back rewards

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Im not sure but some say the best card from Subject Credit Union is Math?Smiley Wink. People like their percentagesSmiley Happy

Silly JoeSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

I would get the 2% cashback MC, but you only get the money once a year, fyi. I've been a member for decades now, but just recently got a joint card with my DH (we had applied for a loan, got approved and could get the card with no additional HP). If you have a good profile, the sky's the limit. I'd never bothered applying for their credit cards before, figuring my profile wasn't ideal. They are really pushing the card locally, with billboards and radio ads. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their cards are awesome! The best feature is the cashback option which allows you to directly transfer cash from your card into Checking. No cash advance fee and it’s charged at the cards assigned interest rate. To me it works a bit like a Check Line of Credit. I don’t carry a balance on my RBFCU card so that cards CL available for cash if I ever need it short term.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Their cards are awesome! The best feature is the cashback option which allows you to directly transfer cash from your card into Checking. No cash advance fee and it’s charged at the cards assigned interest rate. To me it works a bit like a Check Line of Credit. I don’t carry a balance on my RBFCU card so that cards CL available for cash if I ever need it short term.

How you ever tried to apply for their other card?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a matter of fact, I did just this morning. It’s in review. I haven’t seen any definitive answers as to whether they will grant a 2nd card. I hope I didn’t waste a HP!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As a matter of fact, I did just this morning. It’s in review. I haven’t seen any definitive answers as to whether they will grant a 2nd card. I hope I didn’t waste a HP!

I have $25K as well and when I applied for an CLI I was denied due to max limit based on income ($95K/year). Let us know how it turns out please. October makes a year I’ve been a member.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.