nov the green card 

dec the gold 

jan the platinum 

and last week the every day card 2k

Message 51 of 60
sstromberg
Established Member

Re: Really weird week with Amex

Funny twist to the whole story -- my EX was at 720 last week, but my installment loan hadn't posted yet. 751 as of 10 minutes ago, so no score drop this month as I was anticipating.

Maybe Amex won't be as pissed then hehe

Message 52 of 60
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Nice!   Open revolving loan and credit mix saves the day!  Fingers still crossed for you.  My hand's gonna cramp up soon, though.

Message 53 of 60
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And for a different view:  worse case, they close one or more cards, which will be unpleasant but not fatal.   Really it's part of easy come easy go.   Yes, a score hit from the new accounts, but not ALL that different from how it was before the spree.

Let's hope not, but even in the world of credit, many worse things happen.

Message 54 of 60
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@sstromberg wrote:

Funny twist to the whole story -- my EX was at 720 last week, but my installment loan hadn't posted yet. 751 as of 10 minutes ago, so no score drop this month as I was anticipating.

Maybe Amex won't be as pissed then hehe

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Nice!   Open revolving loan and credit mix saves the day!  Fingers still crossed for you.  My hand's gonna cramp up soon, though.

Yes, it's a score bump...but it's Amex's assessment of the profile that matters in the end. FICO scores may like an improved credit mix, but they may not be welcomed changes if Amex's concerns are high spending, too much debt, and too much recent credit seeking activity.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 55 of 60
sstromberg
Established Member

Not meaning to dig an old thread back up, but...

So far, nothing's happened. No more freak-outs from Amex with medium-sized charges, and the danger button (check spending power) still seems to love me. So, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and continue to proceed with caution and smash the PIF button as often as I can.

Funniest part though -- after all of this, Amex goes from having ZERO personal revolver pre approvals for me to every single co-brand card. Super duper duper tempting to get the new personal Delta Plat, but I'm holding off for the ED. Really taking so much effort to not click apply. I want a core Amex revolver to post to my EX report, **darn** it! Smiley Happy

And yes, Amex refreshed my FICO. Showing 751 EX, which is the report than has the personal loan reporting. 

Message 56 of 60
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@sstromberg wrote:

So far, nothing's happened. No more freak-outs from Amex with medium-sized charges, and the danger button (check spending power) still seems to love me. So, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and continue to proceed with caution and smash the PIF button as often as I can.

Funniest part though -- after all of this, Amex goes from having ZERO personal revolver pre approvals for me to every single co-brand card. Super duper duper tempting to get the new personal Delta Plat, but I'm holding off for the ED. Really taking so much effort to not click apply. I want a core Amex revolver to post to my EX report, **darn** it! Smiley Happy

And yes, Amex refreshed my FICO. Showing 751 EX, which is the report than has the personal loan reporting. 

Message 57 of 60
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@sstromberg wrote:

Agree. 

OP, as tempting as it may seem, if your level of risk tolerance isn't as high, then don't push your luck.  You may have skated in the clear for now, why poke the bear? 

That, and whenever @UncleB displays the Bert image again, it won't be pretty. 

Message 58 of 60
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

whenever @UncleB displays the Bert image again, it won't be pretty

Image result for no no no meme

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 59 of 60
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Not to sound repetitive but I wouldn't go poking the bear.....

https://youtu.be/W9ZD3_ppcPE

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.