Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RedCard upgraded to Target MasterCard

tag
user979797
Established Contributor

RedCard upgraded to Target MasterCard

About a week after my latest and largest increase I got a letter today saying Congrats your RedCard is being upgraded to a Target MasterCard. Will get the card in 2 months. I posted about the increase last week and now that today I know without a doubt that my card is being upgraded I just wanted to share my data points.

Opened the redcard in 2013 with a 200.00 SL. The limit did not change for years until 2017 then I started getting regular interval increases until I got to 2K and then they stopped. Then late last year I got a 500.00 increase and last week it went to 6k and got the upgrade letter today. I have a 4yo discharged chapter 7 and had this card before it and kept it after as it had a zero balance and they did not close it. Sometimes I let 50% of my balance/limit report and even carry it a few months before paying off and other times I pay in full. It seems they are giving out a lot of upgrades to the MasterCard at this time so hopefully we will see more upgrade success stories and data points posted. YAY! I have waited for years for this upgrade and this is my oldest reporting credit line so I am super excited about this conversion after waiting so long and putting spend on the account each month. FINALLY! Smiley Happy

>
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: RedCard upgraded to Target MasterCard

Good job keeping on with it over all that time. Congratulations on the upgrade!

Message 2 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your patience & upgrade👍

Message 3 of 19
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

User979797,

Congratulations on the upgrade to the Target MC!  It took me years to get the upgrade.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

Guyatthebeach

Message 4 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Target Mastercard upgrade!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 19
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@user979797 wrote:

About a week after my latest and largest increase I got a letter today saying Congrats your RedCard is being upgraded to a Target MasterCard. Will get the card in 2 months. I posted about the increase last week and now that today I know without a doubt that my card is being upgraded I just wanted to share my data points.

Opened the redcard in 2013 with a 200.00 SL. The limit did not change for years until 2017 then I started getting regular interval increases until I got to 2K and then they stopped. Then late last year I got a 500.00 increase and last week it went to 6k and got the upgrade letter today. I have a 4yo discharged chapter 7 and had this card before it and kept it after as it had a zero balance and they did not close it. Sometimes I let 50% of my balance/limit report and even carry it a few months before paying off and other times I pay in full. It seems they are giving out a lot of upgrades to the MasterCard at this time so hopefully we will see more upgrade success stories and data points posted. YAY! I have waited for years for this upgrade and this is my oldest reporting credit line so I am super excited about this conversion after waiting so long and putting spend on the account each month. FINALLY! Smiley Happy

Congratulations. And thanks for all the informative data points.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 7 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the Target Mastercard upgrade!

Message 8 of 19
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 9 of 19
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

I got a similar letter today out of the blue, but it didn't say when I was getting the new card (and no card was included).  Very odd!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.