Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove AF from Unsecured BOA card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove AF from Unsecured BOA card?

I recently had en early graduation from my  partially secured (99/500) BOA card, there was not any CLI at all but at least I'm glad it was unsecured.

I'm thinking to call them and ask for the AF removal, would this cause a HP ? I really want to avoid one and would probably rather to pay the 39  than adding a HP.

Any experiences on this? I don't think I have a good score atm ( due to opening a new account recently).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
flawesome
Contributor

Re: Remove AF from Unsecured BOA card?

I closed my graduated card because they said there was no way to remove the anual fee-ever. If you do try, call in. They do things over the phone that the people in the actual banks don't know are possable sometimes. Ask them on the phone if it would be a hard pull and they will tell you.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 2 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes. I had mine's removed by calling backdoor. No hp
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! I will call them and let you guys know what happened. thanks!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ough! Just called and they said:

Since, it is a valid fee and it is how the account was structured, we are unable to process the reversal.

What number did you call ?

Message 5 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

I don't like that some people can't remove the AF and others can. Why BoA do this?

If the card start as secured with AF but then the card "graduates", they should remove the AF to make the product exactly as the non-secured one. If, after the review, they will not unsecure, well then the AF stay.

I'm thinking about putting more money on it, maybe $5,000. Then when it unsecure, ask to change to Visa signature. I hope I can get the AF removed.

Message 6 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Call EO. Those that aren't successful thru analysts, I been successfully with EO. 704 386 5687

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

EO will get you no where. I tried. They still refused to remove the fee. Either that, or they pick and choose who they WILL remove the fee from. That practice has lowered my opinion of BofA.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.