Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported balance question

tag
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Reported balance question

I have a question for you guys about what balance is reported. my chase freedom had a balance of 910 and paid it off completely the day before the due  date. balance was 0 on the 19th, which is the due date. next day i charged some stuff because i use this card for everything. the charges posted before the "payment due date" changed to next month so is that what will be reported?

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Reported balance question

yes. 

so if you pif before the due date and then charged more before new statement posted. 

usually thats what reports. 

so say you paid on the 22nd and it says due date is the 23rd. usually need to give it a couple days to clear and post it on the statement. 

so mine was due date on the 10th but statement doesnt post till the 12th/13th. so use another card till then. 

i put it on my amex vs chase until the statement cuts. 

if i were you id call the line and put in a phone payment which is usually applied immediately. 

you need your checking account # routing number of the bank. 

but then again depending on your utility a few dollars might not do much. 

if your not applying for anything in the next couple months i wouldnt even worry about it. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 4
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

thanks for your response! i also just noticed "balance last statement" on my chase account online which shows the charges after i PIF. i should get a zync for times like this when im waiting for everything to report but still need to spend money. I never carry my debit cards either. my other cards have a due date of the 21st so i cant really use those if im trying to get my uti down. again thanks for the response.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 3 of 4
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I usually just run into the bank of my credit card and pay it in cash before 5 pm, either by the day before or just in general before the statement generates. It's fast, you get a reciept, and tommorow when it cuts it reports the new balance.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.