Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms To Go/Synchrony Account

tag
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Rooms To Go/Synchrony Account

Good Morning All,

I was approved for a Rooms To Go Furniture card this morning; however, they only approved me for $1,000 dollars. Is it difficult to receive credit line increases with them? I have some medical issues going on, and new furniture would definitely help me; I am miserable! Secondly, I was sure that Synchrony only pulled Transunion, but they pulled my Experian account; is this normal???

10 REPLIES 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Rooms To Go/Synchrony Account

Sync is pretty good at giving generous CLI's. Many will pop in and tell you. Pulls from some banks depends on where you live. They pulled TU for my PP MC in Fl. Some may have had another CRA used to determine their decision. Either way. Congrats you got approved!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Granted it's a BIZ card, the Lowe's Pro. But I've only had it about 3 months with only one charge of $250 put on it. My SL was $2K, asked the other day for an increase to $5K. It was approved.  SYNCH in general though is fairly easy to work with. So barring anything serious on your CR, I think they would increase it if you put in a call an explained the issue.

Message 3 of 11
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I started out with a 2,500 limit. I made one payment and asked for a CLI right before my 2nd payment. I requested a 25k increase just to see what they would offer me, and a received a 5k increase to bring my limit to 7,500.

Message 4 of 11
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Was there anything negative on your report? I have one item in collections. No late payment history.
Message 5 of 11
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I have a BK7 discharge from 4/2017 and 11 derogatory’s on each CR from the BK. It’s a soft pull, so you don’t have to worry about a hard pull if you get declined.

Message 6 of 11
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!!!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on the other end of the spectrum with synchrony. Had a mattress firm and Walmart card. Paid extra every month on mattress and always kept my Walmart card PIF for almost two years before the swap to capital one and couldn’t get anything from them only a $200 SL.
Message 8 of 11
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

So, Cap 1 reduced the amount of your Walmart card???
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, synchrony held me at 200, capital one has bumped it to 1k already.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.