cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAFE CU - Cash rewards; 5&3%

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

SAFE CU - Cash rewards; 5&3%

Hey guys, so I was seeing if there was a 5% on home improvement and charity and I actually found the card, its from safe cu. The categories are home improvement, charity, utilities, and movie theatres. min. Redemption is $10, I believe its only for people in Northern California, but when I was talking to the rep, she said they recently branched out to Alameda county a few months ago, so I couldn't even get the card. So, I believe they publicly branched out to all counties around the bay area. They give 3% on gas, groceries, and restaurants. Not bad at all! Just what I was looking for!

https://www.safecu.org/personal/borrow-money/credit-cards/cash-rewards-credit-card

I even asked how long they had it for and she said she been working there for 3 years and they never changed the categories or replace it with anything, so thats really good.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Established Contributor

Re: SAFE CU - Cash rewards; 5&3%

Nice find for those that qualify, and are cash back CC users.

FNBO 2% Cashback Visa (20k) / Bank of the West Cashback MC (20k)
US-Bank Cash+ (15k) / FNBO Travel Elite (15k) / Citi Double Cash (18k)
Ficos : 835 / AAoA : 8 yrs / AoOA : 22 Yrs / AoYA : 2
Message 2 of 8
Valued Member

these are the only 5% categories they got?

Message 3 of 8

I have one of these cards and right now the categories are amazon.com, insurance, retail stores, electronic stores, movie theater, and charity.
Message 4 of 8
Frequent Contributor

Is it quarterly rotate? How come it doesn't tell the consumers what categories they have? Feels suspicious... as for insurance, is that for car insurance?
Message 5 of 8

It changes quarterly. They notify me what the categories are. Yes, I believe it’s car insurance.
Message 6 of 8
Mega Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hey guys, so I was seeing if there was a 5% on home improvement and charity and I actually found the card, its from safe cu. The categories are home improvement, charity, utilities, and movie theatres. min. Redemption is $10, I believe its only for people in Northern California, but when I was talking to the rep, she said they recently branched out to Alameda county a few months ago, so I couldn't even get the card. So, I believe they publicly branched out to all counties around the bay area. They give 3% on gas, groceries, and restaurants. Not bad at all! Just what I was looking for!

https://www.safecu.org/personal/borrow-money/credit-cards/cash-rewards-credit-card

I even asked how long they had it for and she said she been working there for 3 years and they never changed the categories or replace it with anything, so thats really good.

I don't know if this applies for getting the credit card (bad experience with Golden One!) but to join the CU you can be "an employee or member" of a lot of things, including Aerospace Musuem of California.  This costs $75 to join but presumably you need to do it only once.

Message 7 of 8
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I heard that too about the Golden One credit union credit card too. I'm interested in the Safe CU, but idk getting mixed feelings about it.
Message 8 of 8