Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARS MasterCard!!

tag
GABrown
New Contributor

SEARS MasterCard!!

Question: Does anyone have this card or have you heard of it? I went to Sears yesterday and this lady stop me and explained this card to me. Used my will power and restrained from applying but the one thing that's was tempting was that she said they are targeting people that needed to rebuild their credit. Once I got home I was tempted again and went online and looked at the card but I didn't see the rebuild credit part and it also said apply in store only.

Just curious
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: SEARS MasterCard!!

@GABrown wrote:
Question: Does anyone have this card or have you heard of it? I went to Sears yesterday and this lady stop me and explained this card to me. Used my will power and restrained from applying but the one thing that's was tempting was that she said they are targeting people that needed to rebuild their credit. Once I got home I was tempted again and went online and looked at the card but I didn't see the rebuild credit part and it also said apply in store only.

Just curious

Pretty sure this is not a rebuilder card, its backed by Citi.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 24
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I used to have one, but it was before Citi purchased Sears National Bank. I was dumb and stupid and went bad on it...thankfully it's all paid now.

Not sure what the new deal is now that Citi manages it.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@GABrown wrote:

Just curious

Pretty sure this is not a rebuilder card, its backed by Citi.

+1 

but you can apply online 

https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/srs/

Edit: Just re-looked at that link, you can only apply for the sears STORE card online, my bad!

Message 4 of 24
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

We started out with a Sears card years ago. At some point it morphed into a Citi Sears MasterCard. We keep it only because it's one of our oldest cards (1989). It has a 3k limit...also our lowest. I asked for a CLI once and was declined...supposedly because they said we had just asked for a CLI...which we had not. They just don't seem very bright or aggressive in the credit card market.

So, we charge our Netflix monthly fee on it just to show activity and just to keep it aging. Otherwise it sits.

Message 5 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Sears Mastercard this person spoke of to rebuild is if you apply in store for the Store Card I believe it is (backed by Citi and the MasterCard that you see online and in store promotions is also backed by Citi) HOWEVER if you don't qualify for the card you apply for in store, the system will counter this Sears Solutions MasterCard. (VERY much like Best Buy USE to do.) This Solutions MasterCard was with HSBC and probably Capital One now and it will have a $300 limit or $500 limit starting pretty much standard and probably some sort of tiered AF. RUN!

Especialy since this is Capital One now, I would be scared you apply and take pull from Citi, then when it sends over for plan B. Capital one hit all 3?!

I had it long ago and closed it SHORTLY after.

Message 6 of 24
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Had a store card that was converted to the MC not too long ago. Hardly use it.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol anything Citi backed is NOT for rebuilding!!!! More like getting denied for. Citi is a stickler and their cust service is typically poor.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 24
mt2va
Established Contributor

I had both.  The regular Sears store card is backed by Citibank.  The Sears Solutions Mastercard was backed by HSBC (which I guess is now Cap 1).  I got the Sears MC first.  My credit was really bad at the time. I think I had $300 credit limit.  Funny thing is about 2 months later I got $1,700 credit line on the regular Sears card. 

I will also say my mom has a Sears MC that has like $5,000 or $10,000 credit limit and I'm pretty sure it's a different one than the HSBC backed one I had.  I'm guessing hers is backed by Citi. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 9 of 24
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.