Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor One dropping Cell Phone Protection

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Savor One dropping Cell Phone Protection

@PDXoriginal wrote:

Having a World Elite card doens't mean you have World Elite benefits.

The card issuer can pick and choose what benefits they allow through their card. For example, Citi Double Cash, world elite, but offers zero world elite benefits, the world elite sole purpose it to collect higher swipe fees.

Yup, this and the tidbit provided by LTL upthread.

Having WMC or WE doesn't guarantee such benefits, the issuer decides which ones they will provide or opt-out.  So, nothing to do with "class" or tier level.

Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

Maybe they dropped it to continue Groceries category. I'll check my World Elite statement later this month, but didn't use SO for cell bill, or cell protection.

Just another day in NERF land!!!

Smiley Indifferent

That was my first thought as well. 

Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Horseshoez wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

Maybe they dropped it to continue Groceries category. I'll check my World Elite statement later this month, but didn't use SO for cell bill, or cell protection.

Just another day in NERF land!!!

Smiley Indifferent

My bet is if your card is a World Elite, it won't be NERFed.  Why?  Because the mobile phone protection for World and World Elite cards is from MasterCard and not the card issuer.

Citi dropped all benefits from their cards too. I'm sure that they all still pay MasterCard something for these benefits even if they're standard. 

Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is the WF Active Cash flat 2% CB that was just released that has cell phone protection. With that said tho WF can be fickle if you don't have a relationship with them. 

Message 14 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is the WF Active Cash flat 2% CB that was just released that has cell phone protection. With that said tho WF can be fickle if you don't have a relationship with them. 

Not sure if this has been confirmed yet, but if Max Cash mastercards do offer cell phone protection (and it seems that some might), that could be the best, 5% off the bill + insurance.

Message 15 of 52
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I base my cards on rewards, and not the merits of MasterCard, or Visa benefits. While either may be Nerf'd, benefits are cut more frequently. While cellphone protection is a great benefit, it's often first to go, for the cost factor alone.

Message 16 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm - my lastest SavorOne statement also had this message. It is the World Elite MC version, for what it's worth.

Message 17 of 52
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if this has been confirmed yet, but if Max Cash mastercards do offer cell phone protection (and it seems that some might), that could be the best, 5% off the bill + insurance.

@longtimelurker   This is true. The best I've found so far is the NFCU cashRewards 1.5% + Protection.  And this is for the $600 per claim/$50 deductible.  (Visa's have a watered-down version, $250 per claim/$50 deductible) If the Max Cash MC's offer this I'd like to know, for sure. I'm already on the hunt for my next CU that carries the Max Cash.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 18 of 52
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker  But, now that I think about it, I thought all the Max Cash cards were Visa? 

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 19 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

@longtimelurker  But, now that I think about it, I thought all the Max Cash cards were Visa? 

No, in the Max Cash megathread there are banks that issue it as MC.   But the majority do seem to be Visa

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.