cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret to reaching OpenSky customer service team?

tag
excalibur1
Valued Member

Secret to reaching OpenSky customer service team?

I am trying to cancel my OpenSky credit card, but I am having the hardest time reaching their customer service team.  I'm calling their number, 1-800-859-6412, and listen to the automated system.  When it finally reaches the main menu, I listen to all the options.  Then any number I press is either unresponsive, or it tells me I've made an invalid selection.  I've tried this multiple times on several different phones, both mobile and landline, and I cannot get through.

Is there a secret to reaching the customer service team that I don't know about?  Smiley Frustrated

My Precious!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gorgon
Established Contributor

Re: Secret to reaching OpenSky customer service team?

That's strange. I had no trouble closing mine a little while back. Don't even think I was on hold very long.

EDIT: Something that has worked for me in the past was to keep hitting the * button. It confuses the automated system and usually transfers you to a rep.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gorgon wrote:

That's strange. I had no trouble closing mine a little while back. Don't even think I was on hold very long.

EDIT: Something that has worked for me in the past was to keep hitting the * button. It confuses the automated system and usually transfers you to a rep.

Thanks ... will try that method on other phone answering systems Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

That's good to know. Thanks.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 4 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@gorgon wrote:

Another neat trick is to say "Agent" when the interactive voice recognition system asks what you want.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981 wrote:

@gorgon wrote:

Another neat trick is to say "Agent" when the interactive voice recognition system asks what you want.

Then the automated voice gets passive and tells you she/he can handle it and only needs a little bit more information before they can transfer you to a human. 

Message 6 of 11
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@gorgon wrote:

Then the automated voice gets passive and tells you she/he can handle it and only needs a little bit more information before they can transfer you to a human. 

I then just keep saying "agent" until it transfers me. This usually works, but not always.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 11
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@gorgon wrote:

I then just keep saying "agent" until it transfers me. This usually works, but not always.

Have @Brian_Earl_Spilner call for you... His "Gucci'ness" will WOW the system into submission.

Message 8 of 11
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Or pressing "0" sometimes works on some phone systems to take you to an agent straightaway  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

@gorgon wrote:

Have @ call for you... His "Gucci'ness" will WOW the system into submission.

Yo, someone page me?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.