Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card help

tag
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: Secured card help

Would Wells Fargo possibly consider using the same credit report if she applied for the secured card and a student loan on the same day? Or is that something that they generally wouldn't do?

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo will never graduate a card. I had a secured card with them for over 2 years with perfect payments and met all the requirements. They kept giving me the run around so I dropped them. Since you don't want CapOne, I don' thave any other good suggestions, but stay away from WF, iMO.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's always Citi, but they might be harder to qualify for (in theory - haven't tried). But you have a minimum of an 18 month wait to unsecure.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had no problems with Bank of America's secured card.. it's been rock solid.  There's also a backdoor number listed in the stickies, you can call to make immediate CL increases if you want.

Message 14 of 17
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Isn't BoA the secured card that can go to like $10k, and then after 12 months of prompt payments (preferably PIF) it goes unsecured at the limit?

Or is another one... there was some dude on here a few months ago that wanted secured cards to $40k...

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA and WF both have secured cards that can go as high as $10k each.  Nasa FCU has a couple, with rewards that can get as high as $30k.  https://www.nasafcu.com/credit-cards/

Message 16 of 17
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to tell you that WF CC and WF Student loans are 2 totally different areas. I know this because I work in the Student Loan area. We will not use the same CBR for both a CC and SL in the same day.  Sucks I know but we are our own separate entity. 

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.