Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting your *2022* Card Strategy

tag
PoggersSlayer

Re: Setting your *2022* Card Strategy

@longtimelurker wrote:

As my dear [your choice of friendly authority figure here] used to say "Plans and strategies are for losers.  Live in the moment!"  So basically, if you see a new shiney that you WANT (need is far too high a threshold), go for it!   So for 2022, I will be going for the Plainsville Country FCU Reward Visa, flat 3.5%, no AF. 

If and when it exists.

@longtimelurker 

I can't find any info about this card you're mentioning. Links?

Message 71 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to MF and fairly new to credit in general so I think my strategy should be researching, learning and gardening.

Would like to try for Elan Max Cash Preferred at some point, now that I know it exists. 🙃 Thanks @Aim_High  for all the extensive information. 

Message 72 of 259
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@PoggersSlayer wrote:

Welcome to My Fico forums, @PoggersSlayerSmiley Happy

Forum tip:  When posting to a specific message in thread, it's helpful to either "quote" or reference the specific user who posted the message.  Otherwise, it's confusing who is talking to who.  For the "quote", you'll see the "QUOTE" button after you hit reply below the message you are referencing.  (Whichever message you use to to hit "reply" determines what shows up when you quote.)  To reference a specific user (like I did above with your name) type the "@" sign and a dialogue box opens with recent users from the thread.  You can also start typing any forum member's name (even if they aren't in the thread) and eventually see their name suggested. 

That said, which card were you looking for links regarding? 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 73 of 259
PoggersSlayer

@Aim_High wrote:

@PoggersSlayer wrote:

Welcome to My Fico forums, @PoggersSlayerSmiley Happy

Forum tip:  When posting to a specific message in thread, it's helpful to either "quote" or reference the specific user who posted the message.  Otherwise, it's confusing who is talking to who.  For the "quote", you'll see the "QUOTE" button after you hit reply below the message you are referencing.  (Whichever message you use to to hit "reply" determines what shows up when you quote.)  To reference a specific user (like I did above with your name) type the "@" sign and a dialogue box opens with recent users from the thread.  You can also start typing any forum member's name (even if they aren't in the thread) and eventually see their name suggested. 

That said, which card were you looking for links regarding? 

Whoops, i thought i was quoting @longtimelurker and their post mentioning the 3.5% Plainsville FCU rewards card

Message 74 of 259
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

@PoggersSlayer I read that Plainsville FCU 3.5% rewards card as a hypothetical unicorn card. Basically, "If something so spectacular exists in the future, I'll apply for it". 

Message 75 of 259
PoggersSlayer

@quikj9 wrote:

@PoggersSlayer I read that Plainsville FCU 3.5% rewards card as a hypothetical unicorn card. Basically, "If something so spectacular exists in the future, I'll apply for it". 

Don't mind me, just eating glue over here

Message 76 of 259
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@PoggersSlayer wrote:

@quikj9 wrote:

You'll learn that @longtimelurker is known on My Fico for his dry sense of sarcastic humor besides his knowledge of cards and finances, @PoggersSlayerSmiley Tongue  Yes, it was a hypothetical unicorn but a close one is the ACTUAL AOD FCU Visa Signature.  If you can jump through the hoops in the tedious application process and pass their high hurdles, the card earns 3% uncapped and uncategorized on anything you buy.  Plus it offers few fees (no annual fee, FTF fee, or BT Fee ... and otherwise very low fees) and an APR as low as 7.49% fixed.  Great card!   See links below.

AOD FCU Website

Original My Fico Mega-thread on AOD FCU 3% Visa

Subsequent AOD Visa Discussion Thread

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 77 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clearly gardening is a good move for me. Tried the Apple SP shopping cart trick. Came back with a $250 SL / 21.99% APR offer. Smiley Embarassed Didn't realize Apple limits could start so low. Off to soothe my feelings with Haagen-Dazs. 😩

Message 78 of 259
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly  Just really quick. Not a fan of the PenFed Platinum? Would you prefer the Pathfinder or the PCR? Just curious Smiley Happy.

Message 79 of 259
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@PoggersSlayer wrote:

@quikj9 wrote:

You'll learn that @longtimelurker is known on My Fico for his dry sense of sarcastic humor besides his knowledge of cards and finances, @PoggersSlayer

Actually, I was just trying to motivate some MyFico members.  People here often really like credit unions, so why not start one, and then offer a great card that members here will love!  Become the new FoTM and put AOD back in the history books!

The name "Plainsville Country FCU" is currently available (There was a plainsville credit union in Canada but that has been absorbed by Cornerstone) so act now!

Message 80 of 259
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.