Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

The unicorn that's more than the flavor of the month...3% flat-rate cash back card from Anniston Ordnance Depot (AOD) Federal Credit Union. Discuss your experience, interface with AOD's card management, denial DP's, and other relevant info relating to the Visa Signature card here.

For approvals and information pertaining to known approval factors (DP's, pulls, limits, APR's, etc), known successful eligibility memberships and paths for eligibility, go to the approval thread.

For card pics and discussion about the card's appearance/material properties, use the card design thread(Thanks @Anonymous )

@fiddycal's original thread can also be referenced here.

AOD Visa Signature.png

(Courtesy of @M_Smart007 )

myFICO AOD.png

(Courtesy of @Hut1 )

AOD Unicorn.jpg

Message 1 of 1,120
1,119 REPLIES 1,119
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AOD Visa Siggy Discussion Thread

👍 Maybe a link to the closed thread too?

Message 2 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long is it taking people to receive their cards?  I was approved on 4/21, all docusigns done that day. Still haven't received my card as of yesterday's mail. 

Message 3 of 1,120
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

It was 7 days for me, but that's right before the tidal wave.

Looks like 9 days or so from some of these post.

And of course, it also depends on how far from Omaha you are.

Message 4 of 1,120
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long is it taking people to receive their cards?  I was approved on 4/21, all docusigns done that day. Still haven't received my card as of yesterday's mail. 

I was also a 4/21 approval. Mine arrived 7 days after approval and Docusign completion. 

Message 5 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alrighty, I'll give it a couple more days then give them a call if it hasn't arrived. 

Message 6 of 1,120
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience is probably a little different as my agent moved like snail mail, but I was approved on 4/23. Didn't receive docusign docs until the following day and he sent for my card to be opened on 4/28. Following showing in my online accounts. I presume I will have my card by 5/8. Definitely the longest approval process I've ever had.

Message 7 of 1,120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Membership docusign & cc do over docusign app done on 4/20. Received card on 4/28. When setting up elink you must contact AOD for temporary password.

Message 8 of 1,120
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine took 9 days but I was also towards the front of the "wave."

See my approvals thread which updated with card receipt date:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/AOD-FCU-Visa-Signature-25K-7-49/m-p/5998229#M676145

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 9 of 1,120
Aim_High
Super Contributor

*Out of respect for moderator request (@CreditCuriosity), the following question was moved from the "The Anniston Tidal Wave…AOD FCU Approvals Thread" for answer and discussion here. 

(https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/The-Anniston-Tidal-Wave-AOD-FCU-Approvals-Thr...)

=====================

@Anonymous wrote:

I was asked for income docs above and beyond the pic of a check stub. I was asked for W2 or tax returns. I sent them my 1099 which is only half of my declared income because my wife and I are both Realtors and we split our income. I was then told they were declining me due to dti issues. My utilization is about 10% so not sure what they are looking at? 
Good luck. 

=====================

@Anonymous, sorry for your denial!  Other postings about AOD have indicated that not only are they sensitive to and conservative about Debt To Income, but they don't look at all incomes the same way.  One poster mentioned that they only took the straight 40-hour work week pay figure and excluded overtime and bonuses.   So it appears they are trying to only depend on a "safe, reliable, and consistent" income standard, not one that could be variable.  It's a very conservative approach.  I'm not sure where that leaves people who are 1099's or depend on commission pay for most or all of their income. 

It may also be industry-specific concerns since the coronavirus impact on the economy reportedly has dampened the realty market, and with both your household incomes from that industry it could put you more at risk. 

They also may not have wanted you to list "household" income unless the card was a joint application.  I never put household income unless a lender specifically asks for it, only individual.   That might have tipped their hand to just throw the whole application out, especially if you told them about you working together and splitting income with your wife. 

Also members have reported that the way student loan repayments are calculated often is conservative and assumes a debt repayment higher than your actual payment may be.  Not sure if there's any way to override this calculation. 

Most of my credit cards have not asked me for income verification, even some of those going back decades.  This credit union underwrites credit loans similar to the process for a mortgage loan where documentation is asked.  

I'm not sure if it would help your situation, but perhaps you could call and talk to underwriting to find out how they did their calculations.  You might be able to convince them to reconsider, but if nothing else you might get information about how they do the numbers which would help other 1099's or commissioned sales people behind you.

Good luck!

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 1,120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.