Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shut down by comenity for adding ONE visa

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Shut down by comenity for adding ONE visa

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure of the criteria used by Comenity but they do make exceptions to the V/MC rule. I've had the Wayfair and Boscov's cards for a while and recently added the SpGd Visa. Just paid first statement on the Visa and ordered from Boscov's Monday night with no problems.

Sorry about the bad luck.

I’ve made 3 statements before shutdown.

I have a ton of inquiries and new accounts. 

OP states only a couple in the last few months. THAT is what I find odd. OP should’ve been fine

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 21 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not sure of the criteria used by Comenity but they do make exceptions to the V/MC rule. I've had the Wayfair and Boscov's cards for a while and recently added the SpGd Visa. Just paid first statement on the Visa and ordered from Boscov's Monday night with no problems.

Sorry about the bad luck.

I’ve made 3 statements before shutdown.

I have a ton of inquiries and new accounts. 

OP states only a couple in the last few months. THAT is what I find odd. OP should’ve been fine

Without knowing what Comenity's AA review caused the shutdown for the OP, it's hard to say.  They typically SP both EQ and EX (and third party providers) shortly after a new account is approved.

Regardless, it's still a very messed up process at the end of the day.  I can see it from an UW or risk perspective if they're performing a secondary review because most initial inquiries may or may not yield approvals plus let's face it there's folks who like to game the system, but for those who go bonkers on application sprees and yield several new accounts on their CRs after 1-2 months, then that logic can apply.  Yet, on the opposite spectrum, for individuals who are not credit seekers with a fairly mature profile, low inquiries spread throughout 12-24 months, and get shutdown is definitely a head-scratcher.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I don't mess with Comenity or Synchrony. They suck

Message 23 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is why I don't mess with Comenity or Synchrony. They suck

To you, sure.  For others, not so much.  One man's trash another man's treasure I suppose.  I've had 0 issues with either of them in the last 15-20 or so years I've had their accounts. 

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

They helped me get my first Amex last Oct and now one in January. Comenity jumped my score alot.
Message 25 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, until im Synchrony free i need to remain n Sync with H.RonySmiley Wink
Message 26 of 29
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

DW and I both have a PayPal cr dit Account,

Comenity hasn’t touched those

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only bad experience, or more accurately, WEIRD experience was with my Wal-Mart card a few years ago - when I was just beginning my effort to rebuild after a nasty divorce. I was so excited to see myself approved online for $1500, at the time my highest yet unsecured credit limit. A month later I got a letter from them informing me they were reducing my CL to $850 and the reason they gave (including the exclamation point even!) was:

"Your credit limit has fallen to 614!"

First reax was to cry, 2nd one was to LMAO, if for no other reason than that stoopid exclamation mark(!). It was like, "You fooled us and let us down within just a few short weeks, you poophead!". Still LMFAO at that one.
Message 28 of 29
peghede
Valued Contributor

Synchrony R.I.P

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.