Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something only Ya'll can appreciate

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Something only Ya'll can appreciate

I decided to personalize my post with details- so forgive me if it's TMI.  Today I had to return skinny jeans for my son today at Old Navy.  He's 10.  He will only wear women's size zero - the boys skinny jeans "Arent skinny enough."....  He wears pink, blue, purple - The 80's are SOOO back.  They keep asking me to get a card and I kept saying No.  (Who want's a store card, right?...I guess that's snobbish, I used to be thrilled to get approved for a storecard....anyway, I'm a FICO SNOB now with my 700's).

Old Navy has 40% off today if you use the card, and 10% if you apply for the card - so that's 1/2 off in case you don't get the math right off the bat.

I applied and was approved for 1000.00 - and they approved me for the VISA!!!  I called immediately after leaving the store for a CLI and was told that it will automatically be going up on the 19th anyway, and if I didn't like that amount to call again.  Can you believe it?  Because I can't.

I also apped online for  a 0% Discover Card with cash back.  They told me that I wasn't denied but I need to have a joint account.  So I am denied, but if DH goes on then I'm approved.  DH keeps saying 'NO MORE CREDIT' so I'm not sure I can convince him of this wonderous thing of a cc.

I called my bff after leaving the store to tell her my excitement and she was like 'HUH?"  So I had to tell someone who would appreciate this.  -- Also, I'm down to a size 12 which is hugely amazing, beins that I was a size 18 in February.  Thank God I have the wonderful disease called psoriasis - because searching for remission, I quit eating gluten and wheat in February.  I'm now nearly vegan (would be if I didn't eat salmon).  I'm being facetious about the psoriasis.  I hate it.  Luckily it's in places you can't see.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Something only Ya'll can appreciate

Congrats.  The last paragraph... "huh?"

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both the new cards AND especially the weight loss.  That's awesome!!!

Message 3 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

I decided to personalize my post with details- so forgive me if it's TMI.  Today I had to return skinny jeans for my son today at Old Navy.  He's 10.  He will only wear women's size zero - the boys skinny jeans "Arent skinny enough."....  He wears pink, blue, purple - The 80's are SOOO back.  They keep asking me to get a card and I kept saying No.  (Who want's a store card, right?...I guess that's snobbish, I used to be thrilled to get approved for a storecard....anyway, I'm a FICO SNOB now with my 700's).

Old Navy has 40% off today if you use the card, and 10% if you apply for the card - so that's 1/2 off in case you don't get the math right off the bat.

I applied and was approved for 1000.00 - and they approved me for the VISA!!!  I called immediately after leaving the store for a CLI and was told that it will automatically be going up on the 19th anyway, and if I didn't like that amount to call again.  Can you believe it?  Because I can't.

I also apped online for  a 0% Discover Card with cash back.  They told me that I wasn't denied but I need to have a joint account.  So I am denied, but if DH goes on then I'm approved.  DH keeps saying 'NO MORE CREDIT' so I'm not sure I can convince him of this wonderous thing of a cc.

I called my bff after leaving the store to tell her my excitement and she was like 'HUH?"  So I had to tell someone who would appreciate this.  -- Also, I'm down to a size 12 which is hugely amazing, beins that I was a size 18 in February.  Thank God I have the wonderful disease called psoriasis - because searching for remission, I quit eating gluten and wheat in February.  I'm now nearly vegan (would be if I didn't eat salmon).  I'm being facetious about the psoriasis.  I hate it.  Luckily it's in places you can't see.

Congrats on the ON Visa Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 33
djrez4
Established Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Congrats.  The last paragraph... "huh?"

Pretty much this.  And, congrats on the weight loss.

And, you let your 10-year-old son wear pink skinny jeans?

Message 6 of 33
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats...

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 33
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval

Message 8 of 33
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

I quit eating gluten and wheat in February.  I'm now nearly vegan (would be if I didn't eat salmon).  I'm being facetious about the psoriasis.  I hate it.  Luckily it's in places you can't see.

While not a vegan, you are a pescetarianhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pescetarianism 

Message 9 of 33
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Hey Booner!  Big congrats on the ON Visa Smiley Very Happy and even bigger congrats on the size 12 and all around health improvement with your eating (I wish I could stand the taste of a vegan diet but I'm a fat\sugar\carb and MEAT addict....Smiley Embarassed)

You might want to tell your DH Discover is said to be dumping the MORE and it's a good card and you might get good offers with it, now or later.  Just a thought....

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.