Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony 2% Unlimited Cashback MC Invitation

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Synchrony 2% Unlimited Cashback MC Invitation

I received this in my informed delivery today:

But will the limits grow??But will the limits grow??

Which also lead to here, via link in my informed delivery email: https://www.synchronybank.com/creditcard/

This will be interesting if they are offering the card outside of a product change.  Has anyone else gotten this? 

Edited to add: $150 statement credit for $1500 spend in 3 months plus 0% apr on purchases for the first 12 months. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony 2% Unlimited Cashback MC Invitation

Oh I hope they send me that offer. That one actually can be managed with their app!

They can send it to me next year so I stay in the garden. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 70
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

How is this really different than the PayPal 2% MC?  Just dont have to have paypal acct?

Message 3 of 70
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Took me a moment to realize this wasnt ppmcSmiley Wink. Wasnt this card meant for people who may have had mc versions of stores closed like Toys R Us, etc?
Message 4 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

How is this really different than the PayPal 2% MC?  Just dont have to have paypal acct?

No PayPal, lower APR tiers (13.99% is the lowest), no redemption (automatically redeems each month for statement credit), full alerts and an app. 

Message 5 of 70
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

No PayPal, lower APR tiers (13.99% is the lowest), no redemption (automatically redeems each month for statement credit), full alerts and an app. 

Just curious where you got the 13.99 apr from this?  Don't doubt you, just not clear...

edit: nvm... clicked on link

Message 6 of 70
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Statement credit? Fuggetaboutit

Actual cashback with paypal

Message 7 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just curious where you got the 13.99 apr from this?  Don't doubt you, just not clear...

edit: nvm... clicked on link

Yeah even their highest 26.99% APR is lower than the PayPal's 28.99% and the lowest PayPal is 21.99%. 

Message 8 of 70
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Well, for one, it would probably have access to the Synchrony mobile app (vs no mobile app on PPMC).

Also, there seems to be no language about FTF. If it charges FTF, then that's another important difference.

Message 9 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Statement credit? Fuggetaboutit

Actual cashback with paypal

I would gladly give that up to never have to deal with that awful website again. The Synchrony app is actually very nice. 

Message 10 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.