Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Accounts Restricted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Accounts Restricted

Thanks for updating the title, I am new to this forums,

I will make sure to post as many details as possible.
Message 41 of 62
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the forums.

I have edited the title of your thread to avoid confusion given the recent actions on your SYNCB accounts.  Upon receipt of any correspondence from them, be sure to update the thread as a reference for others.  Hoping for a positive outcome on your situation. 

@FinStar  Thanks for changing that title . You see "blue envelope " from snychrony  that's like yelling Shark in here on the fourth of July weekend 😂😂😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 42 of 62
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

What a wild ride this thread was. Whew.

I have had freezing NL and SageStream on my to-do list for some time. I think I will elevate it's priority.

GL, OP/

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 43 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony blue envelope.

@Jetboy wrote:

I would read as much as you can to understand what it means to send in that form. Some have pointed out that Synchrony will share the data with a third party called LexisNexis. Are you ok with the very personal information on that form being shared with a third party?

I quickly found the below 3 posts about this happening but there are probably 100's of these posts out there!

Synchrony Bank - What if I want to send them 4506-T?

As the latest victim of Synchrony AA, quick question

If you are really bored here is a 88 page thread from 2016 when Synchrony went on a Rampage sending out blue envelopes.

What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

Thanks!

I'd be furious if this happened to be. 

Note to self do not apply for any credit with Synchrony and stick with name brand banks. 

Message 44 of 62
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Note to self do not apply for any credit with Synchrony and stick with name brand banks. 

It didn't happen to OP. No offense. A lot of speculation in this thread ended up being corrected by OP.

Synchrony is a brand name bank. They dominant the store card issuance market. If you are against store cards, I understand. Many good reasons to be against store cards. What may be a misunderstood effort to protect OP from ID fraud is not one of them.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 45 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It didn't happen to OP. No offense. A lot of speculation in this thread ended up being corrected by OP.

Synchrony is a brand name bank. They dominant the store card issuance market. If you are against store cards, I understand. Many good reasons to be against store cards. What may be a misunderstood effort to protect OP from ID fraud is not one of them.

Perhaps there is a good reason then. I actually have looked at store cards that are offered from Synchrony. Perhaps this shouldn't be a reason not to apply. 

Message 46 of 62
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps there is a good reason then. I actually have looked at store cards that are offered from Synchrony. Perhaps this shouldn't be a reason not to apply. 

I guess OP is gonna be just fine. Hope I am right.

Message 47 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you’ll be fine.
Message 48 of 62
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jetboy wrote:

I would read as much as you can to understand what it means to send in that form. Some have pointed out that Synchrony will share the data with a third party called LexisNexis. Are you ok with the very personal information on that form being shared with a third party?

I quickly found the below 3 posts about this happening but there are probably 100's of these posts out there!

Synchrony Bank - What if I want to send them 4506-T?

As the latest victim of Synchrony AA, quick question

If you are really bored here is a 88 page thread from 2016 when Synchrony went on a Rampage sending out blue envelopes.

What the heck is going on with Synchrony?

Thanks!

Not necessay. Dont over app, over inflate income, and be conscious of your credit report. Synchrony is a name brand Bank  that happens to have their hands in alot of credit pie.  Most of us dont have any issues with Sync so many times the whole truth in these situations doesnt come out  at first. Me personally I'd  rather have Sync than Chase because at least with Synchrony, us little fish are given a shot at some credit limits whereas with Chase we are looked down upon. Ymmv, yemv, and just mhoSmiley Wink

Message 49 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
... us little fish ...

Big fish in my book, Joe. Unfortunately I don't lend ... Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.