Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLD

tag
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Synchrony CLD

Hey All,

Just logged into my Discount Tire Synchrony account today and it dropped from $10k to $2.5k Smiley Sad((

I just checked it yesterday, since I was approved for my Elan MCP and I was updating my signature. Checked all my CL's to ensure accuracy on my sig - it was at $10k.

When I saw it was at $2.5k today, I requested a CLI. Asked to get back to $10k and they countered with $7.5k

I'm not sure if it'll stick. To be fair, I haven't put a charge on it in ~4 years... I got a CLD (from $25k to $10k) when COVID hit.

I'm not sure if Synch might start doing this across the board, or just because I never use it. Just an fyi

Thanks!

Jordan

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLD

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Hey All,

Just logged into my Discount Tire Synchrony account today and it dropped from $10k to $2.5k Smiley Sad((

I just checked it yesterday, since I was approved for my Elan MCP and I was updating my signature. Checked all my CL's to ensure accuracy on my sig - it was at $10k.

When I saw it was at $2.5k today, I requested a CLI. Asked to get back to $10k and they countered with $7.5k

I'm not sure if it'll stick. To be fair, I haven't put a charge on it in ~4 years... I got a CLD (from $25k to $10k) when COVID hit.

I'm not sure if Synch might start doing this across the board, or just because I never use it. Just an fyi

Thanks!

Jordan

Non use , no need to set off the panic alarmsSmiley Wink.  They gave back some limit which is a good sign but if it's not worth putting a small charge every couple months maybe time to close itSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 17
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Hey All,

Thanks!

Jordan

Non use , no need to set off the panic alarmsSmiley Wink.  They gave back some limit which is a good sign but if it's not worth putting a small charge every couple months maybe time to close itSmiley Wink

"Just an fyi" is hardly setting off panic alarms Smiley Wink Just sharing my experience with the community

I acknowledge I haven't put spend on it, and that's likely the reason. I don't want to close it as it's a useful card - I've just been fortunate enough to get new vehicles before needing tires, the last 4 years

I'm truly not trying to sound any alarms. Just sharing my credit news with this credit forum.

Thanks!

Jordan

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 3 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Four years of inactivity and that card is still open! That's not bad actually...

Message 4 of 17
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

3X0Z4XX.gif

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 17
AwsiDooger
New Contributor

I am at $2500 with Discount Tire also. I check Synchrony frequently for just this reason, to see if they have sliced limits or closed any accounts. I basically haven't used any of them in two years, after my dentist stopped accepting Care Credit and the pandemic caused me to cancel planned fall trips in both 2020 and 2021. I certainly don't need tires, Discount or otherwise, and thankfully Pep Boys has not seen my car since literally days before the outbreak of the pandemic.

Synchrony sends me emails all the time touting that Discount Tire and Pep Boys cards can be used for gas purchases. Sorry, I'm not doing that without incentive. These days 5% is 20+ cents per gallon and 10% has turned into 40+ cents. I am using those promotions, which are particularly frequent as Chase Offers, and ignoring all the 5 and 10 cents off nonsense. 

Maybe some day I'll pull up to a station and put $2 of gas on each card. 

Mostly I'm concerned with Care Credit. That was already sliced from $17,800 to $6000. I think I mentioned here that Walmart accepts Care Credit for certain health items, if purchased in store. I grab a 4-pack of Carmex lip balm. 

Message 6 of 17
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing, @Cashbackjunky 

Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Hey All,

Thanks!

Jordan

"Just an fyi" is hardly setting off panic alarms Smiley Wink Just sharing my experience with the community

I acknowledge I haven't put spend on it, and that's likely the reason. I don't want to close it as it's a useful card - I've just been fortunate enough to get new vehicles before needing tires, the last 4 years

I'm truly not trying to sound any alarms. Just sharing my credit news with this credit forum.

Thanks!

Jordan

I know this.  But if you've been on this forum long enough you know a thread will start with I was cld from Sync etc.....then it turns into a smash Sync thread, or even a Cap One adventure, then we find out a missing piece , the most important piece ( in your case 4 years of no usage) and that's after everyone adds their theory and conspiracy lol. 

I don't mind FYI post as it does help others but at same time as the norm in society, people  become overly sensitive to a jest or anything they perceive to  be a negative comment. Many of us are regulars here so my style is a bit offbeat but always with best intentions.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 8 of 17
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Gotta agree with AverageJoe and it's mostly your Post title because does kinda "sound an alarm" when there really isn't one. Sync is well known for closing accts for no clear reason so posts like this while I know was well intended do raise "oh crap" flags when folks see your title. I mean a CLD when the card hasn't been used in 4 years is not even "news worthy" lol really and to be expected with any store card lender really. 

Message 9 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you want to keep it you need to use it, closure is next. I'm surprised its not been closed since the last use was 4 years ago.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.