Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony/Lowe's Card Warning!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony/Lowe's Card Warning!

I couldn't be bothered personally to update a spreadsheet when I use my cards.  To each their own though for sure.

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't used my Lowe's card in a year or so. Need to go by a can of paint so I can redo the shutters on the house.

Message 22 of 39
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I use my Lowes at least once every 6 months to make sure it remains active. Shortly I will be requesting the limit be raised from 10K to 20K as I have some home projects planned that will require use of the free interest period that they offer on larger purchases.
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Sychrony Card that I pay off immediatley. I only use on items I purchase that are interest free for X amount of months. The interest rate is TERRIBLE..........

Message 24 of 39
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

I hadn't used my lowes card in about a year, I requested a sp cli got it, and then since I got what I asked for I thought I might have left some money on the table so I requested another CLI and got it too.  I went from $8,900 up to $20,000 in CL within two months.   Then I figured I should use it.  So I have a 12 months 0% purchase going.  I automated it with an auto payment of set each month so that it will be paid off in 11 months.   I don't want to take a chance of interest being charged. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's has got to be the easiest card to SP CLI to obnoxiously high amounts right from jump street.  I took mine from a $3k SL to $30k in all of 2 days.  Could have likely gone $35k and gotten it, but $30k was more than sufficient.  There aren't many cards out there that you can grab a 10X CLI on with a SP that I know of.  My TU8 score at the time was about 730 as well, so well within reach of many.

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used my Lowe's card in about 5 years. I'll have to check to see if it's been closed. But honestly this is one card I don't give a rip if it gets closed. At 10 years it's not close to being one of my oldest accounts. Account servicing is pathetic. I have a pretty low C/L and I haven't taken the initiative to call for an increase, because I just have no reason to use it. It seems like every time I go to Lowe's, I have a 10% Lowe's offer on some card (currently both BofA and AmEx) or I'm getting 5% on Home Improvement on one of my category cards. Failing that, I have a Chase Ink card that gives me 3URP per $ on Home Improvement all the time. But right now, I'd actually use Google Pay for effectively 4.5% on my USBank Altitude card. So there's just no reason for me to use this card. For a while, they were giving me a $25 bonus to put $100 on the card every year or so, and I'd bite on that, natch. But the last time I got one of those offers was, well, about five years ago. If they close mine, no tears.

Chris.
Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you even tried logging into the account or looking at your CR to see if it's open or closed?  I'd at least want to know.

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you even tried logging into the account or looking at your CR to see if it's open or closed?  I'd at least want to know.

Still not sure.  Logged into the lowesvisacredit.com and there's no sign that the account is closed.  But when I look at my CR, it shows a status of Closed.  It also shows that I last paid the card in 10/2012 and shows a paltry C/L of $1,500.

Chris.

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the life of me I cannot get a lowes CLI. My fico 8 scores are about 750 and my account has been been open close to 3 months. I put a small charge ~$15 on each month and paid it off before the statement date.
Each time, by phone or online it's says not enough experience, blah,blah blah. I'm stuck at a SL of ~$2000. I'm curious what might be causing this, spend, income or something else. So random!
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.