Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Luxury Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Luxury Card

I have a Synchrony Luxury card from when I purchased an engagement ring. It's from a jeweler that is clear on the other side of town now, and I don't really buy that much jewelry. I'm wondering if it can be used anywhere else, or if anyone has heard of someone getting a Visa/MC version of the Luxury card. Otherwise, it's not really worth keeping. My main concern with closing it, is that it is the oldest account from my rebuild, and second largest CL. Any ideas on how to deal with it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Luxury Card

I'm not sure whether it can be used elsewhere such as another retailer with similar acceptance, but as far as an upgrade to V/MC, that's not available for this particular card.   Maybe others who have this particular card can chime in to provide guidance on where else it can be used.

If you decide to close it, it can remain on your CRs for up to 10 years so AAoA won't be affected (until it drops off).

Message 2 of 4
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I am unsure if this will be helpful, but I have a former Matrress Firm credit card that turn into a Synchrony Home credit card. I can now use it at a lot of locations that use Sychrony financing, although it's very spotty. You might check on the back of your card and see if it says something about Synchrony Network. Mine has a silver stripe on it, like a Discover card, as well as a chip.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your input. I was able to figure out where else I can use my Luxury card, thanks to a neat feature on the Synchrony website. You can change the category to fit your card, and it will give you a nice map or list of retailers that accept that particular Synchrony card. The link is below for those of you that are curious.
https://www.mysynchrony.com/mysyf/dealerlocator.html
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.