Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Offering Contactless Mastercard

tag
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Target Offering Contactless Mastercard

Hey FICO Fam,

I just wanted to pass on some info for Target RedCard MC cardholders. I received an email introducing the contactless MasterCard. You can call in for one, or order direct from link in email.

Happy Shopping!!

D836EC1C-E22E-4503-A7D1-4F94E37EC814.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Offering Contactless Mastercard

Thanks for that information @blindambition 

Target is my daughters favorite store.

Have the debit and CC versions,

Will call them in a bit and get one :-)

Thanks again,

Cheers

Message 2 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you for sharing the information.
Message 3 of 15
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the heads up....just dug the email out of my junk folder...

Message 4 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Mine was also in Junk folder. Figured the case for many, so the reason to share.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Hey FICO Fam,

I just wanted to pass on some info for Target RedCard MC cardholders. I received an email introducing the contactless MasterCard. You can call in for one, or order direct from link in email.

Happy Shopping!!

D836EC1C-E22E-4503-A7D1-4F94E37EC814.png

Where do i buy one?Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anything positive comes from all this maybe it will force all retailers to provide "complete" contactless POS terminals. It's nice to be able to just tap the card, but it would be much nicer if you didn't have to input your "membership" number as well. Considering most stores have their own club now.

So is this just on Target's MC or can the store car also be tapped?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Mastercard !!

My favorite topic (and I don't even have one), as many of you know.

I assume that the "contactless" feature is only for the mastercard, not for the store card. 

I do not understand how that can possibly work IN Target stores. Target cards (Redcard and Redcard Mastercard) are both chip-enabled with PIN requirement.

How can the "contactless" feature work in Target stores? You still have to type in your PIN and touch the filthy keypad buttons AND insert the card into the chip reader (which is also filthy), so where (in Target stores) is the 'touchless' protection that contactless cards are supposed to have?

Target should have made the contactless "cleaner experience' work on their own cards, in the own stores, first.

Touching keypad and typing in PIN, and inserting card in chip reader=filth, in my book.

Johnny 50

Message 8 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Target Mastercard !!

My favorite topic (and I don't even have one), as many of you know.

I assume that the "contactless" feature is only for the mastercard, not for the store card. 

I do not understand how that can possibly work IN Target stores. Target cards (Redcard and Redcard Mastercard) are both chip-enabled with PIN requirement.

How can the "contactless" feature work in Target stores? You still have to type in your PIN and touch the filthy keypad buttons AND insert the card into the chip reader (which is also filthy), so where (in Target stores) is the 'touchless' protection that contactless cards are supposed to have?

Target should have made the contactless "cleaner experience' work on their own cards, in the own stores, first.

Touching keypad and typing in PIN, and inserting card in chip reader=filth, in my book.

Johnny 50

It would seem that Target has done POS updates. Multiple times email touts Tap and Go!!

The email only states MasterCard, nothing about RedCard store or debit cards.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, does that mean that there is no CHIP and PIN requirement for Target Mastercard in Target stores?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.