cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to user minimal_debt my Discover is now 0% APR for 12 months.

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks to user minimal_debt my Discover is now 0% APR for 12 months.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I still think it's totally awesome that Disco does this. I am covered with 0% until 12/2020 but I absolutely will ask them about it if I need it. 

Agree and I'm asking even if I don't need it. Smiley Very Happy

I would but I don't want to be in that 6 month period when you can't ask for another one and actually need it. I have SavorOne, Cash Magnet, BCP, Disco Miles, and Citi R+ all with 0% right now and the R+ doesn't end until 12/2020. 

I will be asking them for a permanent APR reduction on 12/26 though. Smiley Wink

Are they known to do this?  I figured I'd just be applying for a new Discover card every year until I get a rate I like Smiley Tongue

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 11 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous for the sake of datapoints, could you give us a bit more info, maybe edit it into your original post?

What was your EX score at time of asking?

How old is your card?

What was your utilization when asking?

What was your utilization on your other accounts?

Any baddies?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will edit the post but here is what you asked for.

Experian FICO 8 688

I've had the card for 15 months

Utilization is 9%

Discover utilization is at 25% 
Other accounts at 14, 21, 13 and 17% utiization

No collections and 1 auto loan charge off from TD bank that is set to fall off anyday now.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I still think it's totally awesome that Disco does this. I am covered with 0% until 12/2020 but I absolutely will ask them about it if I need it. 

Agree and I'm asking even if I don't need it. Smiley Very Happy

I would but I don't want to be in that 6 month period when you can't ask for another one and actually need it. I have SavorOne, Cash Magnet, BCP, Disco Miles, and Citi R+ all with 0% right now and the R+ doesn't end until 12/2020. 

I will be asking them for a permanent APR reduction on 12/26 though. Smiley Wink

Are they known to do this?  I figured I'd just be applying for a new Discover card every year until I get a rate I like Smiley Tongue

You can ask the day after your 0% expires and every 6 months after that. They dropped me I think 4.75% from 22.99% to 18.24% when I asked them in June. 

Message 14 of 15
elixerin
Established Contributor

**bleep**.. thats awesome, i got my discover secured in nov 2018 and unsecured in july.. thanks for posting this im def gonna try in a couple months then too! 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.