Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is what happened to me when I had a hard time getting a credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what happened to me when I had a hard time getting a credit card

I came here as an immigrant with no credit history whatsoever. For years, I just could not get a card at all. Then at some point to my surprise, my application for a macys store card was approved!
i promptly made an internet purchase using the macys store card number and thought nothing of it until a few days later I found in my mailbox a brand new macys card. different number, different account all together. They had taken my charge, opened a new credit account and charged it there.
This was four years ago. i still have the card, now with a limit of $11,000.00. The rate is horrible, and they will absolutely not lower it, but it sure helps UTL!

Anyway, just another way to get an unsecured credit card... Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Re: This is what happened to me when I had a hard time getting a credit card

that's awesome  ,but do you have any idea how much your score in that time ??
 thanks
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. It must have been pretty low (mid 500's ?). I had no idea about all this credit score stuff.
Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

hdj wrote:
I came here as an immigrant with no credit history whatsoever. For years, I just could not get a card at all. Then at some point to my surprise, my application for a macys store card was approved!
i promptly made an internet purchase using the macys store card number and thought nothing of it until a few days later I found in my mailbox a brand new macys card. different number, different account all together. They had taken my charge, opened a new credit account and charged it there.
This was four years ago. i still have the card, now with a limit of $11,000.00. The rate is horrible, and they will absolutely not lower it, but it sure helps UTL!

Anyway, just another way to get an unsecured credit card... Smiley Happy

Nice! Wow what a CL too! Which Macy's card is this?
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

fused wrote: Nice! Wow what a CL too! Which Macy's card is this?
Gosh, I can hear the envy, 5 or 6 time zones away! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

fused wrote: Nice! Wow what a CL too! Which Macy's card is this?
Gosh, I can hear the envy, 5 or 6 time zones away! Smiley Very Happy

Time zones, I'm ozones away!Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.