Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute Mastercard Change in Terms--Scam

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tribute Mastercard Change in Terms--Scam

Thanks for all the feedback folks--Credit Union, Chase, and BOA Amex (looks like I'll have to revise my previous post about BOA) all issued me rewards cards at 0%, so I told Tribute where to go. You'd think that they'd at least try to keep me as a customer when I gave them the reason for closing my account, but no-go.

Scum of the earth indeed.
Message 11 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Their whole reason for existence is to provide credit to the truly desperate. Once you're beyond that stage, they know perfectly well that you aren't going to keep them on, with one fee for breathing in and another for breathing out. So they aren't about to work with you. By letting you go, they're making room for the next poor soul in line.

Truly, this is all about taking off the training wheels and wobbling your way down the road. Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

they gave me a card for 3250 and no fees.  when i saw they were going to charge for on line pays i cancelled and never used it.  it was a pre-approved offer.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.