Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple pull from Capital One!?!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Triple pull from Capital One!?!

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

Amex and Discover also pull multiple reports (depending on your credit)

but yeah, all 3 for a sub prime card sucks, but I am sure they are just making sure we arnt hiding anything Smiley Happy

Nothing subprime about the QS.

Message 21 of 33
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

but yeah, all 3 for a sub prime card sucks, but I am sure they are just making sure we arnt hiding anything Smiley Happy

---

Ok?  Thanks for clearing that up!  It was under great debate.

Message 22 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

---

Ok?  Thanks for clearing that up!  It was under great debate.

You are welcome.   Those of us with superior knowledge sometimes condescend to share small parts of it.

Message 23 of 33
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Condescend

show feelings of superiority; be patronizing.

do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance.

(Mod Cut-nonFSR) 

Thanks!  for reminding me again, why I dont check this forum near as much as I used to.

QS is still a subprime card to me, unfortuantly for you, what is and what is not a sub prime card is opinion. (Mod Cut-nonFSR)

*edit*
Edited to add the word and

Message 24 of 33
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

Condescend

do something in a haughty way, as though it is below one's dignity or level of importance.

Thanks!  for reminding me again, why I dont check this forum near as much as I used to.

QS is still a subprime card to me, unfortuantly for you, what is and what is not a sub prime card is opinion. 

*edit*

I think the condescend comment was made in jest, I don't mean to speak for others, but I don't think it was meant to be a wise guy comment, but more or less lighthearted humor, but I could be wrong. This is one of the problems of of online dialogue, there is plenty of room for misinterpretation. Anyhow there are plenty of people who don't make those types of comments so don't stay away because of the few. As far as the QS being subprime, well it is and it isn't. The quicksilver one is considered subprime and The QS visa is prime. But to some people Cap One is subprime no matter what, to each their own I guess. 

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see much negative regarding Capital One taking AA, closing accounts and balance chasing. Once your in, your cards will only grow with you.
Message 26 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@creditguy wrote:

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

Condescend

QS is still a subprime card to me, unfortuantly for you, what is and what is not a sub prime card is opinion.

*edit*

I think the condescend comment was made in jest, I don't mean to speak for others, but I don't think it was meant to be a wise guy comment, but more or less lighthearted humor, but I could be wrong. This is one of the problems of of online dialogue, there is plenty of room for misinterpretation. Anyhow there are plenty of people who don't make those types of comments so don't stay away because of the few. As far as the QS being subprime, well it is and it isn't. The quicksilver one is considered subprime and The QS visa is prime. But to some people Cap One is subprime no matter what, to each their own I guess. 

Well, yes, but I guess Kimmie2010 didn't think his original response "Ok?  Thanks for clearing that up!  It was under great debate." was in any way rude or provocative. 

Fine.   So it comes down to he is allowed his opinion (QS is non-prime) but I am apparently not allowed my contrary view.   And that's fine....

Message 27 of 33
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't see much negative regarding Capital One taking AA, closing accounts and balance chasing. Once your in, your cards will only grow with you.

High APR as a rule, worthless CSR's, holding on to AF's for cards they take over such as HSBC in addition to rebuilders and basically NO GROWTH in credit lines are just a few reasons I've closed all my Cap-1 cards. I have seen the "change" from a few years ago when it was commonly referred to as Crap-1 around here and I understand the reason is that they are handing out big and bigger limits to a lot of folks, many (okay some - more than a few) who's scores do not justify $15k to $25k+ credit limts at less than prime APR's. 

Personally I've closed all my Crap-1 branded cards - totally useless to me - but I understand the cheerleaders.

Scores 769-798-739 (no negs, good income, bla bla) 

Message 28 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It's perfectly fine to disagree and debate, but there are some borderline posts here... please remember the TOS.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 29 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

It's perfectly fine to disagree and debate, but there are some borderline posts here... please remember the TOS.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Agreed, some posts have been edited for content and I wish to remind everyone that debate is always welcome on myFico but it must always be done in an FSR manner. Thanks for your understanding on this

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.