Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying for Cap1 CLI increase help!

tag
mphan
Contributor

Re: Trying for Cap1 CLI increase help!

If I were you, I will play that balance game. PIO and keep it low, don't have money, don't spend. Wait another 6 months and app for better cards. Forget about cap1, their cards don't grow like they used to.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do you think if I PIF the Cap1 card now I will be eligible for a CLI anytime soon if I dont use the card for a month or so?
Message 12 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BeauJohnson1 wrote:
So do you think if I PIF the Cap1 card now I will be eligible for a CLI anytime soon if I dont use the card for a month or so?

You're missing the point(s): do keep using both cards, but keep them paid off. And your main problem will be your late payments. In this economic climate, my guess is that neither CCC will consider this until each late is at least 12 months old.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 16
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No. Not anytime soon.

You need to re-read the responses above. You will not get a CLI from anyone with a recent late payment on not one, but both of your only card accounts. Plus you went over the limit.

On thier credit steps letters Cap 1 states that you will not receive auto increases with any late payments or if you go over the limit.

So I'll have to say that they'll much less raise you through your CLI request.

Manage both your cards wisely for the next 12-18 months. Pay on time   Pay Early! Don't go over your limit!

Show responsible use and you'll get rewarded.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for your help, Im working on paying these cards off asap.
Message 15 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BeauJohnson1 wrote:
Thanks guys for your help, Im working on paying these cards off asap.

Good for you! --there are plenty of other people carrying debt that will keep the banks happy. You'll be amazed how much better you'll sleep at night once you're in control.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.