Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Amazon Visa's?

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Two Amazon Visa's?

I already have an Amazon Visa but Amazon is offering an instant $70 gift card for an Amazon Visa approval. My current Amazon Visa was opened 1 year ago, I recently closed my Freedom and in April opened a Slate. Can I apply for another Amazon? An instant 70 bucks is a pretty decent deal, people go after spend 500 get 100 deals all the time, this destroys that.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Amazon Visa's?

@dapps06 wrote:

I already have an Amazon Visa but Amazon is offering an instant $70 gift card for an Amazon Visa approval. My current Amazon Visa was opened 1 year ago, I recently closed my Freedom and in April opened a Slate. Can I apply for another Amazon? An instant 70 bucks is a pretty decent deal, people go after spend 500 get 100 deals all the time, this destroys that.

Well, I have never heard anyone having 2 of Chase's Amazon card and getting the bonus twice. But as an esteemed member of MyFico community, you can take the honor by testing the theory and reporting back with results - Thus" the science ready guineapig approach" if you know what I mean.

But it is entirely up to you of course..

Message 2 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Id count on it being a no. But the question is are you willing to waste a HP and try it anyway? The only saving grace is that with chase its easy to just move the limit of the redundant card.

However im pretty sure the app will simply be auto declined
Message 3 of 29
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

I'm attempting to chat with Amazon, on hold. They have great service so if the chat rep tells me I'm eligible, even if I'm not they'll honor it. Trying to give myself a safety net here Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

I'm attempting to chat with Amazon, on hold. They have great service so if the chat rep tells me I'm eligible, even if I'm not they'll honor it. Trying to give myself a safety net here Smiley Happy

Getting excited.. Report back as I like scienceSmiley TongueSmiley Wink..

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO NOT DO IT. NO NO NO NO NO.

It is way easier to get free money than to do that.Get the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards, and you can get either $25 or $30 free every 3 months.

If you dont think your scores are good enough for that, lets look at your options here.  How many inquiries do you have? And what is your utilization? Any bad items?  Your scores are good enough to get in with Amex. Does your income support spending of $333 a month for 3 months? If so, get the non credit card charge card Amex PRG. You spend 1 grand in 90 days and get 50k mr points great for travel redemption (worth a grand on average!) plus you get 4 free $50 airline gift cards.  You should register for delta skymiles if you fly and go to deltaamexcard.com enter your number and last name and see if a 50k mile offer pops up. If not, google Amex Delta Gold 35k from a private browser. Apply for that, then apply for the PRG (google prg 50k from a private window)

End result, Spend 2 grand in 90 days, 1 inquiry instead of the potential 2 with chase, and then end up with $1200 in travel plus 35-60k delta miles.

I have seen a few credit union cards with sign up bonuses, like spend $100 get $100.... but why do that? If you have had your slate for more than a year you would probably qualify for their IHG card. You get $50 free with it. And u could get 4-16 free nights with that.

Whatever you do, dont go for this card. A credit inquiry is worth about 400 or  more in potential free stuff if used wisely...

Message 6 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

Amazon or Chase?    It will be Chase that approves or denies I would think.

Obviously personal opinion but I don't think that a new line and inq is worth $70.   (Actually, IMO very little is worth doing for $70, it really is a tiny amount!   But I agree people do seem to get excited by small bonuses as it seems "free")

Message 7 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah OP id think you need to talk to chase not amazon.

Anyway, think long and hard. As lurker said, 70 bucks is really not much money. Doesnt buy much these days!
Message 8 of 29
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

The Amazon rep told me that if I'm approved for the card I'll definitely get the gift card. Hmm, I haven't applied for anything in almost four months...what to do lol.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

The Amazon rep told me that if I'm approved for the card I'll definitely get the gift card. Hmm, I haven't applied for anything in almost four months...what to do lol.

As KDM said, if it is the Chase card you should be asking Chase that question.  Call the number on the back of oyur current Chase Amazon card and see what they said.  I wouldn't take the word of an Amazon CSR.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.